PDA

View Full Version : Phobia about taking meds - scared of side effects.

sammiej123
18-02-22, 10:30
I need to take medications due to horrendous symptoms from vestibular migraine.. I am so fearful that i keep putting it off and i am getting worse and cannot work I am at risk of losing everything... Please can anyone help who has also suffered and how they were able to overcome this huge anxiety that has me frozen in fear! Thank you so much

elliesun
20-02-22, 11:16
This used to be me but I realised that my anxiety was causing the symptoms I had read from the pamphlet. I decided next time not to read the pamphlet and I got no side effects! It really was all mental for me!

AnxietySufferer
21-02-22, 15:48
This is me also. I always convince myself I will get one of the rare side effects. Or that I am allergic. But, I have always been fine apart from some indigestion from antibiotics.

Try not to get too caught up with the pamphlet. I have found I have gotten better with this as I have gotten older.

anxious_thoughts
21-02-22, 16:37
I am exactly like this too! But when I work up the courage to take it everything always ends up being fine. Try your best to not read the pamphlet or google it. (I know that’s easier said than done).

I need to take some allergy pills as my post nasal drip has been horrible and causing cough but I’m so afraid to take it because I read some terrible things. Each day I try to work myself up to do it but I just can’t. I would say to avoid reading anything about it and just ask your doctor or pharmacist.

glassgirlw
23-02-22, 00:48
Avoid the pamphlet. I make my husband read it so he knows the serious effects to watch for. I am no good at taking meds especially ones I’ve never taken before and don’t know how I’ll react to them. No chance I would take a new med if I read that pamphlet lol.

anxious_thoughts
24-02-22, 23:19
Avoid the pamphlet. I make my husband read it so he knows the serious effects to watch for. I am no good at taking meds especially ones I’ve never taken before and don’t know how I’ll react to them. No chance I would take a new med if I read that pamphlet lol.

This is such a smart idea! Thanks for sharing