PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic heartbeats, help please

loopy loo
20-11-07, 17:07
Hi,
I was just wondering if any one can help. I have just been to the hospital today to see a cardiologist about my ectopic heart beats. I thought he might do a 24 hour monitor test but he didn't. He said no need as he could see them on the ecg.
No blood test, nothing.
I feel so let down as he told me the best thing was probably beta blockers and i would have to stay on them for life?
Why is this?
I asked if they could make me faint...the ectopics and he said they could do. So i am now really scared as i have a fear of fainting.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Why are they so dissmissive and seemingly unhelpful? They are really affecting my life and many people say beta blockers are useless for them any way?
Please help any one?
Loopy Loo. xx:weep:

cazza
20-11-07, 17:35
hi i also have ectopics all the time my cardiologist said its best not to have beta blockers as sometimes they make it worse the only way to cope is just to acccept them i know it is easier said than done i struggle still with them sometimes but the cardiologist was not worrried about them so dont you be it just takes time carol

matti
20-11-07, 18:52
Hi I also suffer from ectopics and have done so for about 15 years. I have had ecg....results normal! I have never had or been offered medication either, so I kind of deal with them when they happen. I dont like them and they are a pain in the rear but I have learnt to deal with them, and I know they are not harmful. Try not to worry, easier said than done.
Take care
Love Matti xx

peoplelikeus
21-11-07, 11:03
I find sleep and /or propranolol help a lot