PDA

View Full Version : Worried about everything

shazbog
24-02-22, 06:33
Since I had covid my anxiety has spiralled - I am constantly feeling the need to take a deep breath (that I do feel most of the time I can’t get) it is fine during the night though - I wake and instantly try taking the deep breath and because since covid I have a lot of catarrh and nasal/throat gunk it is making it worse for me to deal with - I spent the last two years terrified of catching covid and from the minute I done my test I was terrified. I have some emotional issues going on at the moment that are dragging me down as my son who is 23 lived with me and the family for last 4/5 years but were treating my house badly and no respect for my home or stuff and in November I asked her to go and at end of November they left the house and my son hasn’t spoken to me since - Christmas he sent everyone a message other than me and I feel broken!!!!! I love him with all my heart but just don’t see why he feels I should be the one making apologies when he has been somewhat awful with the way he talks to me and behaves for some time - I just feel so so down and unhappy x and scared x

Pigeon
24-02-22, 07:57
I’m so sorry to hear about your family troubles Shazbog. I once had a falling out with my brother and it had a similar effect on me. I’m afraid you will have to let it run it’s course and hopefully, after everyone has calmed down there will be a time in the future when you can both talk about what happened and put it behind you

In the meantime, do you have anyone you can talk to about things? Have you spoken to your doctor about your anxiety symptoms because the deep breath thing you mention sounds like that to me (and is another thing we have in common).

At times like this, it’s important to look after yourself. You can’t have any control over how your son behaves but you can get help with your health and well-being so that you can live a normal life despite what has happened.