PDA

View Full Version : Urine worries - blood and protein in urine

cattia
26-02-22, 15:32
Last week I had some mild pelvic pain and more frequent urination but no pain. I dropped a urine sample at the Dr and the nurse called back to say it was positive for blood and protein so they would send it to the lab and I should repeat in 2 weeks. Meanwhile she gave me antibiotics which I have taken but it's really tripped off my anxiety. I had had same thing back in 2018 which lead to a lot of urinary symptoms most of which were caused I think by me obsessing about it so much. Back then I went into a compete spiral thinking I had bladder cancer and I can feel myself slipping back to that place and I'm trying really hard not to. It feels like 2 weeks is a lifetime away and I'm so worried about the next sample coming back the same and then having to have more tests. They didn't call to say that there was an infection so I think they probably didn't find one. When this happened to be before it resolved itself and the protein and blood went away. I just need some words of encouragement as I hate the fact that I'm back in an anxiety spiral. I've also been unwell with a cold this week and feeling really run down so in my mind that's caused by cancer 😬

cattia
27-02-22, 23:22
Seems quiet on here at the moment so I’m just going to chat to myself because sometimes I come on here and read my old threads and it helps to remind myself of all the craziness I’ve been through over the years. So toady, not content with worrying myself half to death about potential bladder cancer, I have also totally freaked out about a raised bump on the very tip of my earlobe that’s been there for many months and today when I was changing my earrings I noticed it has discolouration to it and seems hard. So what did I do? Acted like a total loser, googled earlobe cancer and hey guess what, it’s a thing and looks quite a lot like my earlobe growth, took a bunch of phots of it and sent them to my Dr so he can have further proof if any were needed, that I’m just completely unhinged, and spent the afternoon feeling like crap (also it’s my birthday), dwelling on how I won’t be here to see my children grow up and all the rest of the same old loop that goes round and round like a stuck record in my head. Every time I get out of this state I feel like I’m doing better then when I’m back here again I realise that I’m just the same as I’ve always been and it seems like there’s no way to get relief from it. It’s frustrating to me that after all these years I end up back here so frequently and what strikes me about it every time is just the sheer discomfort of being stuck in this mindset. It’s like deafening white noise that drowns everything else out. I know it won’t last forever. Something will happen. Probably my Dr will tell me it’s OK, or I’ll get sent for more tests, and then eventually they’ll come back OK or not OK but one way or another, something will shift, but until it does, I feel like I’m just stuck listening to these intrusive thoughts 24/7 and it’s so draining.

AnxietySufferer
02-03-22, 08:58
Last week I had some mild pelvic pain and more frequent urination but no pain. I dropped a urine sample at the Dr and the nurse called back to say it was positive for blood and protein so they would send it to the lab and I should repeat in 2 weeks. Meanwhile she gave me antibiotics which I have taken but it's really tripped off my anxiety. I had had same thing back in 2018 which lead to a lot of urinary symptoms most of which were caused I think by me obsessing about it so much. Back then I went into a compete spiral thinking I had bladder cancer and I can feel myself slipping back to that place and I'm trying really hard not to. It feels like 2 weeks is a lifetime away and I'm so worried about the next sample coming back the same and then having to have more tests. They didn't call to say that there was an infection so I think they probably didn't find one. When this happened to be before it resolved itself and the protein and blood went away. I just need some words of encouragement as I hate the fact that I'm back in an anxiety spiral. I've also been unwell with a cold this week and feeling really run down so in my mind that's caused by cancer 😬

I have had blood in my urine before along with frequent urination and it was a UTI. The antibiotics cleared it up. It sounds like this is what they think it is hence the antibiotics. They wouldn’t call to tell you it was an infection if they had already prescribed you antibiotics. There would be no need. They are testing you again in 2 weeks to be thorough. Sounds like they are doing their job well :)

I related to the intrusive thoughts a lot. I also have a lil lump on my ear and weirdly that’s never given me health anxiety. If it’s been there for years I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.

I have been there on my birthday. I spent my 17th at the doctors getting bloods done. You’ll be ok.