PDA

View Full Version : Getting there... I think

jude
12-02-05, 20:51
Hello everyone,

I wanted to write this post here because it feels like a success to me, if only a small one.

After months of wondering what this awful fear is of, what this terrible dread is that comes over me is all for, Why I want to 'jump' out of myself, I have finally worked it out.
This may sound to you like Im stupid but I have realised that the fear is of the illness itself.
I am scared of the illness. The dread is the realisation that I have to face it. The needing to to jump out of myself is just the need to escape how I am feeling. Like I want to be a person without this illness, not me.

This realisation has helped me to cope.
Maybe other people realise this from the beginning, I dont know. Maybe Im a bit slow on the uptake or something, but I feel as though my mind has been shrouded in a cloak, and I have just had it lifted for a while so I can make sense of this muddle.

So I feel like its a sucess story.

I also want to thank you all for your help these past few weeks. I dont know what I would have done without you. You have helped me to make sense of it all. I know I am not cured, and will need you all for a long time yet, but hope this is a step in the right direction.

Jude x

FAN
12-02-05, 21:08
thats great news keep going im sure you will get better and better

fan x

Meg
13-02-05, 01:03
Quite usual - you can be told but it usually does take a while to click onto this for yourself.

Well done Jude

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

mojo5
13-02-05, 06:41
Hi Jude

Great news.
So good to hear about your progress.

Regards Mo.

bluebottle
13-02-05, 08:28
Nice one Jude, and nicely expressed. :)

Regards,

Blue
--
Take little steps

seh1980
13-02-05, 09:45
hi Jude,

It seems like quite an 'obvious' thing but it does take us a while to realise it. I guess we are just in denial for a while. Well done!!

Sarah :D

JPF
13-02-05, 10:44
Well done Jude!

Wonderful news! I've noticed a really big difference in you recently, you're doing really well.

Keep up the good work and keep moving forward - you're doing brilliantly - we're all here to help but it's you who's done the hard work. Well done! :)

All the best

J

Tracy68
13-02-05, 12:07
Good on ya Jude, think we joined at similar times and i've read all your postings and you've come so far in such a short space of time and its brilliant :D keep it going.
Take care
Tracy
xx

nomorepanic
13-02-05, 18:02
Well done Jude

You are doing so well and I hope it continues to get better for you.

Bet you are well chuffed.

Nicola

Karen
13-02-05, 18:05
Well done Jude. You are doing so well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
13-02-05, 20:02
Hi Jude

I read your post and it does not sound stupid because I felt
just like you, scared of the illness.
It was not until I found this web site that I began to understand it[^]
I myself am 100% better and it is all down to this site and the special people on here.
It is such hard work fighting this illness and you are doing soooo
well a big WELL DONE.:D
Keep thinking those positive thoughts.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Don't dwell on what went wrong instead
focus on what to do next.
Spend your energies on moving farward.