PDA

View Full Version : Sudden cardia arrest worry

Deepseathree
28-02-22, 02:04
I’m sure it’s been post before, but as the title states, I have a worry that I probably share with a lot of you. I’ve had this before but rationality got me away from it, but alas, where are back again being irrational. I may sound like I’m aware, but that doesn’t matter to my hypochondria.

My main worry about it is in regards to my work location. I work on the power lines and we are in an area this week that is off the side of a mountain in a secluded area away from any near medical help. I can’t not worry about and SVT or sudden cardiac arrest happening while there and not being able to do anything.

Heart problems run on my moms side of the family and I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure(on medication). But I mean, I’m only 33 and in fairly good shape. I’ve had a echo stress test 5 years ago and numerous EKGs. Would you believe I had one today?! Doctor said it was perfect as was any other one and my stress echo.

The tests provide some relief. But it’s still nice to hear from other their opinions. If you’ve made it this far, thanks for sticking around and I look forward to hearing from you.

tan235
28-02-22, 05:40
Im not a dr of course, but I think even you can re read this and go - ok i'm probably going to be ok :)

Pamplemousse
28-02-22, 13:39
You'll be fine, as long as those power lines are dead and grounded when you work on them :)

skippy66
03-03-22, 17:36
I’m sure it’s been post before, but as the title states, I have a worry that I probably share with a lot of you. I’ve had this before but rationality got me away from it, but alas, where are back again being irrational. I may sound like I’m aware, but that doesn’t matter to my hypochondria.

My main worry about it is in regards to my work location. I work on the power lines and we are in an area this week that is off the side of a mountain in a secluded area away from any near medical help. I can’t not worry about and SVT or sudden cardiac arrest happening while there and not being able to do anything.

Heart problems run on my moms side of the family and I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure(on medication). But I mean, I’m only 33 and in fairly good shape. I’ve had a echo stress test 5 years ago and numerous EKGs. Would you believe I had one today?! Doctor said it was perfect as was any other one and my stress echo.

The tests provide some relief. But it’s still nice to hear from other their opinions. If you’ve made it this far, thanks for sticking around and I look forward to hearing from you.

I was obsessed with this fear for years - read my old posts, I was crazy back then.

You need to accept the risk. Stop seeking reassurance, it's the only way believe me.