PDA

View Full Version : Worried about mum - up A&E with potential DVT or infection

ShaunRyder
04-03-22, 20:53
Anxiety is through the roof! If my mum has a Deep vein thrombosis will she be okay? I am scared she will die.

Two weeks ago she fell over and hurt her knee, she treated it at home and stayed in bed and the pain got better but the knee swelling didn’t go down, today her calf started to hurt and get swollen so she has gone to A&E. she has just text said they are doing bloods for DVT or infection. I’m scared if it’s a clot she will die.

Has anyone got for any information or experience to stop me googling as I know what Google will tell me!

glassgirlw
05-03-22, 01:07
I will say that she’s in the very best place if she does have either, because they will be able to do the necessary tests and get her the treatment she needs. Sending positive thoughts your way, for you and your mom!

kyllikki
05-03-22, 01:29
I know someone who had a DVT that progressed to a PE -- which they had had for *days* before they went to the A&E for it. This person is not young, either, but is now perfectly fine in that regard (they have other health issues too, but not related!)
So I would say your mum has a really excellent chance at being absolutely fine. Wishing you both all the best.

Catkins
05-03-22, 06:57
She is definitely in the right place, she did the right thing to go.

Hang on in there.