PDA

View Full Version : Weird vibration feeling as falling asleep

tan235
09-03-22, 05:39
Does anyone get this?
I get a weird vibration sensation as I'm falling asleep - I use to think its' external but I'm pretty sure it's me.
It's like a very fast micro shake internally - normally it's as I'm falling asleep - is it stress?
I have parasomnia disorder so weird sleep anyway but this is a strange one I don't like. It's not new, I have had it before - does anyone else get this?

Scass
09-03-22, 11:47
Yes I used to get that, and yes I believe it’s a stress thing when your tensed muscles relax into sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tan235
09-03-22, 22:08
This makes sense! thank you x

mark212312
10-03-22, 16:20
Funny I’ve had this myself the last two days - feels like sitting in the car when it’s stationary. Doesn’t feel like the leg itself is moving more like something inside. Very odd I just chalk it down to being tired.

scaredy_kat
11-03-22, 14:43
Hi, I have had exactly what your describing for a few years now, I have to take amitriptyline every night or I can't sleep, sometimes need to take more when it gets bad. I'm stressed at the moment, the war in Ukraine and paranoid about my lip twitching all week so it's bad again, the second I fall asleep I will get internal tremors, muscle jerks, spasms ect and bam I'm wide awake with adrenaline rushes, over and over all night. It's definitely worse when I'm stressed or anxious, doctors have no idea what it is and gave me diazepam when it first started because I was awake for a week and loosing my mind, after that I took some amitriptyline I had in the cupboard that I used to take for nerve pain and it helped me sleep so they put me back on it and I have been taking it every night for over 3 years or there's no chance of me sleeping. It's so scary and I was convinced I had FFI at one point, don't know what SFI is, guarantee if I google it I will be convinced I have it!
I really wish I wasn't dependant on amitriptyline and could find a way to sleep and get rid of whatever is going on. Hope you find a way to relax and get some sleep, it's truly awful. And please let me know if you ever get any answers. Kate :)

Flapj
13-03-22, 01:41
I get this from time to time. Usually if I take a nap during the day. It's almost like shivering. I feel like my body is vibrating when I am in that weird place between sleep and awake. It seems to only happen when I am stressed.