PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my Mum. Gallbladder removal and Warfrin

anyexit
11-03-22, 18:00
Hello

My mum is due to have an operation to remove her gallbladder and she is on life long warfrin for blood clots. I am worried to death incase she has a complication whilst they are doing the operation to remove her gallbladder.

Has anyone else on the forum had an operation while they were on warfrin?
Was it all ok?

Thanks
Anyexit

nomorepanic
11-03-22, 20:46
I know several people who have had ops with no problems whatsoever.

Fishmanpa
11-03-22, 23:01
The doctors will know what medication she is on and will recommend proper procedures prior to the surgery. I take blood thinners and I was told to refrain for a couple days prior to a procedure I had. If in doubt, check with her doctor.

FMP

anyexit
12-03-22, 11:22
Thank you for your replies Nicola and Fishmanpa it is most appreciated.

I am just concerned because of my mothers medical history and conditions. My mum is in her early 70s and I am just concerned about something going wrong. I am sure that the people doing the operation know what they are doing and will take everything into consideration. I have read that it is a lot safer to have an elected operation for a gallbladder removal than it is if you had to have it done by emergancy means. Even then if it is done by emergency reasons it is still reasonably safe. I will try and keep this thread updated on what happens.

Again Thank you for your replies.
Anyexit

anyexit
27-03-22, 16:19
As Promised... An update..... :emot-blink:

Pleased to say that Mum had her Op and all went ok. There was no issue with her warfarin and now she is at home recovering. She just needs to get her bloods sorted out and they are monitoring them for her and she has treatment to help with that.

Thanks
Anyexit

Catkins
27-03-22, 16:48
That's really good news!

glassgirlw
27-03-22, 20:48
That’s great news!!

I too am waiting on a gallbladder removal lol. Appointment with the surgeon this coming Wednesday. Hoping they can get it done quickly!!