PDA

View Full Version : I’m terrified I’ve got a brain tumour

Faraway98
12-03-22, 13:03
I’ve head a stabbing headache for the past 3 nights, same time every night, stabbing front the back of my head round to the front. I’m convinced I’ve got a brain tumour because my left arm has also been hurting when I’m sleeping and I keep feel nauseous. I can’t get into drs until Monday and I’m so scared I’m going to die

anyexit
12-03-22, 13:59
Hello. I just thought I would reply and try to put things into some context and I hope it will help to put your mind at ease until you can get it confirmed from a medical expert.

Brain tumours are quite rare and if you did have a brain tumour then the symptoms would not just start appearing overnight. You said you had a stabbing pain in the head same time every night. Sounds like a tension headache or a migraine. Also your feeling nauseous might be down to you panicing and being worried. I have had loads of headaches and I have never worried about brain tumours or cancers. Not every headache is a brain tumour or cancer. People get headaches all of the time for various non serious reasons.

Hope you feel better soon.
Anyexit

Flapj
13-03-22, 01:20
Headaches without any neurological signs (fainting, seizures, confusion, loss of balance, weakness in limbs, vision changes, etc.) are rarely indicative of a brain tumor. Was the headache only at night? How did you feel during the day?

Faraway98
13-03-22, 07:19
I was fine during the day! Luckily it didn’t happen last night

melie1818
03-04-22, 18:35
How did you get on at the doctors? I have the same symptoms including an aching arm and I’m so scared it’s a tumour. My headaches lasted nearly a week.