PDA

View Full Version : Was doing ok - now low blood platelets

BrokenGirl
14-03-22, 23:02
I haven't been on here in a while. I decided to take a break as I felt I needed it.
I've also started therapy. I finally found a therapist that I'm really happy with. I've been going to see him for about 2 months now and I feel I'm starting to make a little bit of progress.
It's hard work and it's going to take a long time but he's confident that I will get there.

I've hit a bump in the road though and I feel like I've been completely thrown back to the start.
I had my bloods done last week and the doctor rang me this evening with the results. My Vit D and Iron levels are low. I'm fine with that and she's giving tablets to boost them. But she also said my blood platelet levels are a bit low. When she said it I could feel that familiar panic rising up inside me. I haven't had that feeling in a long time and it really is horrible to have it back.
My hubby could tell I was worried so he looked it up. The few things he said to me helped calm me down and I was starting to feel ok about it but then he turns to me and said that blood cancer can also cause low platelets.
I nearly screamed at him what did he say that for and his response was that he thought I would have already known that. I don't know what came over him to say that but I've been panicking ever since.
My doctor wants me to go back in about 6 weeks and she'll do another blood test.

I'm sickened that I'm feeling this way again - it was so nice not to have HA worries for the past few months. But I'm also worried about this low platelet thing and what the husband said. Has anyone experienced low platelets before?

Jonathanbrsc
21-12-22, 13:31
I haven't been on here in a while. I decided to take a break as I felt I needed it.
I've also started therapy. I finally found a therapist that I'm really happy with. I've been going to see him for about 2 months now and I feel I'm starting to make a little bit of progress.
It's hard work and it's going to take a long time but he's confident that I will get there.

I've hit a bump in the road though and I feel like I've been completely thrown back to the start.
I had my bloods done last week and the doctor rang me this evening with the results. My Vit D and Iron levels are low. I'm fine with that and she's giving tablets to boost them. But she also said my blood platelet levels are a bit low. When she said it I could feel that familiar panic rising up inside me. I haven't had that feeling in a long time and it really is horrible to have it back.
My hubby could tell I was worried so he looked it up. The few things he said to me helped calm me down and I was starting to feel ok about it but then he turns to me and said that blood cancer can also cause low platelets.
I nearly screamed at him what did he say that for and his response was that he thought I would have already known that. I don't know what came over him to say that but I've been panicking ever since.
My doctor wants me to go back in about 6 weeks and she'll do another blood test.

I'm sickened that I'm feeling this way again - it was so nice not to have HA worries for the past few months. But I'm also worried about this low platelet thing and what the husband said. Has anyone experienced low platelets before?

Hey, recently my blood tests show platelets, my doctor said it can be your normal or sogn of a previous infection, like Covid-19 or sometimes a vitamin deficiency.

I asked my doctor specifically if it was sign of cancer, HIV or anything and he said other levels would be affected too usually.

My advice, wait for retest and see what happens from there. Stress and anxiety will cause other symptoms