PDA

View Full Version : New Here Looking For Some Support

adventvista
21-11-07, 02:05
I just found this site and was wanting to post about my experiences.
For me I think I can pretty much sum up the events that led to me having panic attacks.

When I was 17 doing my A levels in college I came out as being gay. However after that I was bullied very badly by both the teachers and students. eventually I was beaten up and stabbed in the leg. They told me I had to leave as they didnt want me there anymore.

After this I withdrew into my bedroom I rarely left the house because the same people that had attacked me lived in the same area.

A year passed and my mother suddenly threw me out of the house and I had to go and live with my boyfriend at his mothers. I later found out she had kicked me out because she was marrying a man from turkey and didnt want him to know about me.

We moved into are own place where we lived together for a year it was horrible though. For starters he became very violent burning me with irons. also the upstairs neighbour had mental health problems and only afew weeks ago tried to kill me. I was able to stop him obvioulsly but it still rattled me very badly.

Because of this ive now moved into a house with my nan and my boyfriend. Im still with him simply because he says he will change.

Im now 20 almost 21 and feel like theres no escape from any of this. I cry every single day wishing I could go and get a job and live a life. My doctors are useless and my counciler was bad aswell she just said I had a bad case of shyness. I end up having panic attacks all the time mostly one big one every day that lasts for around 3 or 4 hours.

I think however Iam getting better the attacks still come but I think im dealing with them better then before. The only thing I think I need is more support. My nan isnt intrested in helping me and my boyfriend likes the control he has over me, so I feel like im trying to get better all by myself.

I think im really getting better though since I do alot of things I wouldnt have done before, like going into centre of newcastle and also just being more independant.

anyway sorry it was so long hope it wasnt too boring.
thanks.

lesleyB
21-11-07, 08:49
You have been having a bad time, I don't have much advice but we are all here for you, try and stay strong.
Look after yourself:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Lesleyb

trac67
21-11-07, 09:24
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

nomorepanic
21-11-07, 19:22
Hi

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

jodie
21-11-07, 19:26
:welcome:

jodie xxxxx

Pink Panic
21-11-07, 19:43
Hi and Welcome :hugs:

miss motown
21-11-07, 20:08
hi hun it sounds as thou youve had such a bad time.you say your still with your boyfriend do you think he can change as i was with my partner for 11 years he said he,d change but never did are you happy with him it sounds bad if he,s burning you with irons i feel for you hun but dont stay in a violent relationship which in the end will bring you more distress.take care hun xx

groovygranny
21-11-07, 20:28
Hello adventvista :welcome:to you!

First, a big :hugs:for you.

You seem to have made some progress inspite of your horrendous experiences and circumstances. I would wholeheartedly agree with missmotown in that you really must not stay in this violent relationship a moment longer. I know that's a lot easier for me to say than for you to do - but that really is the only way you'll be able to take a step back and review your predicament with clear judgement.

And if you're not happy with your GP than take steps to change him/her - it is not only your right it is vital if you are to obtain the sort of help that is right for you.

You've made a good move joining us here - you'll get plenty of help and support and understanding.

Your post wasn't long at all - and it certainly wasn't boring, what you have to say is as important and relevant as the next person's.

Pleased to meet you! I hope things improve for you reall soon.

:)

honeybee3939
21-11-07, 21:20
Hi

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP also, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

manmoor
22-11-07, 07:17
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

PUGLETMUM
22-11-07, 10:26
:ohmy: hello adventvista, i hope you will be able to feel better now youve found nmp - although only you can change your life, if you cant find support it can be very very tough, so hopefully you will be supported here?

anyway, your situation sounds bad, and anyone would be panicking putting up with that amount of stress:wacko: you are doing brill to cope with your panic on a daily basis, but if you an cope with it and with all that youve been through you are one tough cookie!!!! believe in yourself and your own ability to change your life for the better:yesyes: all the best with it, emma

Lindalou64
22-11-07, 14:03
HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE SITE....LINDA

Pink Princess
25-11-07, 18:53
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/14441.gif

take kare xxxx