PDA

View Full Version : Is it rabies

Sarah124
18-03-22, 09:30
I got a cat last week she gives me play bites time to time. Since last week i started with sore throat and now i have a runny nose, fatigue and chest pain. I checked online it says rabies starts with flu symptoms. Im so worried now about rabies. Even though its rare why im a having these symptoms since i had my cat?

BlueIris
18-03-22, 09:32
It's not rabies. Rabies doesn't happen in the UK.

Colds, however, are common.

With respect, you're being totally ridiculous.

Lolalee1
18-03-22, 09:40
You maybe allergic to pussy fur, it sounds like that.Have you had a pussy before?

Sarah124
18-03-22, 09:42
Yes but i dont think its allergy cause im coughing pleghm

Lolalee1
18-03-22, 09:48
Oh well maybe get tested for Covid.

Sarah124
18-03-22, 12:48
Is runny nose and chesty cough symptoms of rabies? It says online that it will start of as flu symptoms? Im so worried. I have an outdoor cat and i am having all of these symptoms.

BlueIris
18-03-22, 13:00
Rabies doesn't happen in the UK. Colds and coughs, however, are so common that it wouldn't be surprising at all for you to pick one up a week after getting a new cat.

I've been scratched and nipped plenty of times by my own cats, and I don't doubt that I've sometimes developed a cold within a short timeframe afterwards.

nomorepanic
18-03-22, 13:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
18-03-22, 13:08
Have you read this...

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?223799-So-you-think-you-have-Rabies

nomorepanic
18-03-22, 13:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

ButterscotchLatte
18-03-22, 19:47
You are just fine. You just happened to get sick or start experiencing allergies at an inconvenient time for your anxiety. Please don't be afraid of your cat. If your pets are vaccinated, you have even less reason to worry.

Sarah124
20-03-22, 13:55
I know it’s rare to get rabies from a cat scratch but the thing I’m worried about is what if the cat scratched deep inside your wrist right on your vein, is there a chance then?

graham58
20-03-22, 13:58
Hi Sarah,

As far as I know, you can only get rabies from saliva so a scratch won't do it. Cats in Britain don't have rabies anyway so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But if you're still worried, best to have a talk with your doctor.

nomorepanic
20-03-22, 18:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.