PDA

View Full Version : Tooth infection higher heart rate

Nattynoonoo1990xx
18-03-22, 17:25
Hiya I had a tooth taken out on tues, I went back on thurs as it was still hurting it was fully infected so she took out infection and packed it with antibiotics, and gave me a 5 day course of metronidazole antibiotics. My resting heart rate is usually around 67 to 70 but it's in the 80s some times 90s. I read antibiotics can raise pulse. But its worrying me abit. My oxygen is 98. And I feel fine in self just sicky from antibiotics. Thanks

nomorepanic
18-03-22, 17:31
Sounds normal to me. You have an infection so let the medication work for a few days.

What is worrying you when you have a cause and effect?

Nattynoonoo1990xx
18-03-22, 17:34
I have bad health anxiety I'm worryi g its going g to turn to sepsis. How long should you start seeing improvement with antibiotics? I'm on day 2 and I'm still getting g a niggly ache now and again is that normal

Nattynoonoo1990xx
18-03-22, 18:46
I posted earlier but I had a tooth out Tues come thurs I went back as was in pain and felt sick the hole was full of infection so they scraped it out packed it with antibiotics and gave me antibiotics for 5 days. I'm feeling crap, really sicky keep getting flushed and have a banging headache. I'm so scared its sepsis. But I'm on day 2 of antibiotics so is this possible? My oxygen is 98 and my heart rate goes in the 80s. My health anxiety is paying up so much

nomorepanic
18-03-22, 21:47
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

glassgirlw
19-03-22, 02:10
If the infection was that bad, it’s going to take a few days for the antibiotic to work. Make sure you finish the full course!