PDA

View Full Version : First treatment ever had

k_paranoid
21-11-07, 03:27
Hi all.

I am basically just wanting to see what your opinions were on taking citalopram and in general ssri's. I have quite severe OCD and I have suffered badly with general anxiety in the past and perhaps bit of depression. After over a decade of OCD and feelin like my anxiety might be creepin back up on me i went and spoke to the doctor for the first time ever about any of it last week! I was so chuffed with myself! Anyway she was lovely and said I was long overdue some help and perscribed me citalopram. Im on 10mg at the mo and im going back in 2 weeks to speak with her about how im getting on. I was so relieved that Id spoken to someone I kinda thought antidepressants wld be a good idea. However I kinda beat the anxiety in the past on my own,(well still there sorta but i got to grips with it) but was scared it was coming back and the ocd has always been present.(obv ocd is a reaction to anxiety anyway).. but wat im wondering is, should i have gone on medication?..Ive maintained in the past...(to myself and my best mate that weirdly enough suffers from ocd and anxiety) that i did not want to go on medication...I dont want to rely on it and now im really starting to worry about side affects and long term affects?? Was i too hasty? I dont think i was coz it took me years to go to the doctors but i dont know!! I kinda felt relief when I took the first one but i woke up with a migraine this morning and headache has continued all day, i dont think it was a coincidence bcoz I never get headaches really. I dont know what I'm asking from u guys really...i guess just your 2 cents. have had a quick look through other comments but alot of them seem negative which scares me. Who would go back and change ever starting on meds?

Hope ur all as well as poss
k xxx:)