PDA

View Full Version : Gynae Oncology Referral

Purple Fish
22-03-22, 10:54
I always come back here when my health anxiety is through the roof! I’ve been menopausal for a few years now and can’t remember the last time I had a period. I’ve had Mirena coils over the years and had my last one removed 2 years ago. I had a period like, light bleed a few weeks ago and mentioned it to my GP and he’s referred me to the Gynae Oncology clinic. I know what Oncology means so I’m now freaking out completely! Has anyone else been through this?

NoraB
22-03-22, 12:26
Has anyone else been through this?

Yes and it was nowt. They found nothing wrong and that was about 8 years ago now..

Any post-menopausal bleed will be investigated and usually fast-tracked as standard practice but it's rarely cancer so do try not to overthink this. Easily said, I know..

Purple Fish
22-03-22, 13:07
Yes and it was nowt. They found nothing wrong and that was about 8 years ago now..

Any post-menopausal bleed will be investigated and usually fast-tracked as standard practice but it's rarely cancer so do try not to overthink this. Easily said, I know..

Thank you so much! That has eased my mind a bit. Xx

Scass
22-03-22, 19:15
Also, I was referred to the same department and you should know that one doesn’t necessarily mean the other, it’s just a catch all department.

Purple Fish
22-03-22, 20:24
Hi, yes thank you. It’s definitely eased my mind coming on here. Will let you know what the outcome is.

Purple Fish
23-03-22, 19:48
All done, nothing to worry about. The scan was uncomfortable though but glad I got a thorough check!

Scass
23-03-22, 21:29
Oh that’s good. Well done. Was it a technician or the actual gynaecologist?

NoraB
24-03-22, 07:56
All done, nothing to worry about. The scan was uncomfortable though but glad I got a thorough check!

Good to hear. X

Purple Fish
24-03-22, 10:11
It was a gynaecologist. The nurse who assisted him was absolutely brilliant. She kept talking to me and held my hand as I was so nervous.

BlueIris
24-03-22, 10:50
So glad it went well! Also, fantastic to meet a fellow Queen fan!

Purple Fish
24-03-22, 11:35
Thank you! Yes a long time Queen fan!

BlueIris
24-03-22, 11:38
First gig I ever went to was Brian May in the early 90s :)

I am so, so old *sob*