PDA

View Full Version : New bleeding after sex/before period

Aimee1875
22-03-22, 15:58
Ok so I’ve never bled after sex before until last weekend. I basically went on a work night out and ended up blackout drunk, I have a feeling I was possibly spiked as I don’t remember anything for the amount that I drank which was a lot but not a massive amount for it to happen. When I got home I apparently fell backwards down the stairs (only about 3 steps up and landed on bum) and then had sex with my boyfriend.
Half way into the next day at work I randomly started bleeding, my period wasn’t due for nearly 2 weeks away at that point. It was bright red and happened after a bowel movement, didn’t last long however. Fast forward about 2 days and had sex again and this time I bled after it, red blood again but not a lot. I took a pregnancy test that day and it was negative just to double check. It took a day or so for that to tail off to brownish blood and then stopped. Then Saturday I had a bowel movement and wiped to brown discharge defo come from vagina.
Had sex twice 2 days ago and there was slight tinge after the first session but that was about it. Yesterday there was a bit more red streaked discharge and now a kinda red brown discharge and still going today. I’m not sure if my fall caused any of this because this has never happened prior to that night. I’m just getting over covid this week as well so can’t go to doctors but planning on next week. I’m only 22 and on the mini pill and I’m terrified this is cervical cancer. Any thoughts?

Helena1982
22-03-22, 19:58
Hello, I've had this before and it scared me however I found out it was cervical erosion which basically meant some cells of the inner cervical poked through to the outer cervix. This inner layer is more rich in blood supply so when you were having sex, it can cause the cervix to bleed.
Go to you gp for piece of mind. If it is erosion, you may need a small procedure to heal the area. The procedure takes a few minutes and helped mine.

Hope this helps.

Aimee1875
22-03-22, 21:20
Thank you for your reply. I’ve read that more often than not it is cervical erosion. I’m planning on going to doctors once I’m fully out of isolation and my period is about to start in 3 days so will probably wait till after that. Just so strange to start so randomly

Helena1982
23-03-22, 18:12
Mine was random too. Apparently hormones cause it. Good luck and I wish you better x

Aimee1875
24-03-22, 10:53
Happened again last night but not loads. Got up this morning and it was quite red however:( my period is due tomorrow so not sure if it’s that which is making it worse and I’m waiting for that to come and go before I go to the doctors, actually petrified

Helena1982
24-03-22, 22:36
You will be fine. As you are due on, it is most probably your period

Hopefull4567
07-05-23, 15:51
How are u now op did it happen again ect