PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally took paracetamol early. will i be ok?

JustBenn
23-03-22, 10:55
Hi i had my wisdom tooth out yesterday, i have been taking paracetamol every 4 hours, however last night i woke up in pain and i assumed the paracetamol wore off and it was nearly morning as i felt like i slept for ages but it had only been 3 hours.

i accidentally took another 2 tablets in 3 hours

1.st 2 tablets at 13.10pm
2nd 2 tablets 18.10pm
3rd dose i cant remember taking
Would have been 10.30pm

The accidental 2 tablets was at 1.40am when it should have been around 2.30am,

On the packet it says 500mg

Should i be concerned

Sunshine93
23-03-22, 11:06
Maybe the info on this website will help you: https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/paracetamol-for-adults/

Do not stress :). I hope the pain of the wisdom tooth removal will be less soon!

WorryRaptor
23-03-22, 12:22
Taking a one off dose an hour early is unlikely to cause issues, but it's best to give your GP a call if you're concerned.

I accidentally took a paracetamol dose early before, and was advised to take no more for the next 24 hours.

It's helpful to set up a reminder on your phone if you're taking painkillers on a schedule, or to write down the time and amount when you took them so you can check back the next time you're taking a dose. 8x500mg paracetamol is the max amount you can take in a 24 hour period.

JustBenn
23-03-22, 15:56
Thanks very much, much appreciate, it said unlikely to cause anything and i haven't taken more than 8. so stopped worrying now. Did google it before this thread and it mentioned liver damage in the next few days. Next time I'll be sure to check the clock beforehand :)

JustBenn
23-03-22, 15:58
Thanks for sharing your experience. If i can make this mistake so many other people can, which you dont think about when your worrying and feel your the only one, but there's billions of us on this planet :)

MrLurcher
23-03-22, 16:15
If you're still in pain, you could try Ibuprofen? I've always found that to be more helpful when it comes to pain relief for tooth and muscular issues!

pulisa
23-03-22, 16:44
The paracetamol/ibuprofen combination is also a good option and gives decent pain relief.

I remember having diclofenac for my extractions but I think that's frowned upon now due to potential stomach issues.

WorryRaptor
23-03-22, 17:48
Thanks very much, much appreciate, it said unlikely to cause anything and i haven't taken more than 8. so stopped worrying now. Did google it before this thread and it mentioned liver damage in the next few days. Next time I'll be sure to check the clock beforehand :)

Hope you're feeling better soon! Wisdom teeth are never fun.