PDA

View Full Version : Are these tension headaches or migraines?

Panda22
27-03-22, 19:23
I've been having headaches very often the past weeks. I also get nausea (without throwing up). I would say the pain is moderate not overwhelming at all luckily, just very annoying. Also my neck is really thight and hurts. Paracetamol really helps but then in a few hours it's back. Sometimes certain position i'm sitting in makes them worse. Mostly the pain is on one side and kinda seems to come from my neck? I'm confused as it has characteristics of both tension headache and migraines, what is the best way to know the difference??

.Poppy.
28-03-22, 14:34
For me, tension headaches feel like a band is tight around my head. I don't get those very often. Migraines for me are always right above my eye, usually my left eye, and the pain level just depends. I have had migraines for years and the causes/triggers have changed, but for the past several years they've been a lot like you've described and seem to be triggered by tension in my neck, usually if I've slept funny.

If they persist, calling your doctor may not be terrible - not that they are necessarily dangerous, but they may be able to pinpoint if you've pulled a muscle, and they may be able to give you better medication to fight the pain.