PDA

View Full Version : Eye pain and headache above eyes

susie1
28-03-22, 16:01
Hi
I haven’t been on here for a long time but am really struggling. I poked myself in the corner of my eye 2 weeks ago with the spoke of my glasses.The optician looked at it the next day and said all looked fine. However 2 weeks later it is still sore and I have a constant headache on the bone above that eye. I have convinced myself that there is some kind of tumor there and that I have somehow ‘activated ‘ it. I am beginning to descend into panic.Please help someone. Has anyone experienced
d the same thing? I can’t go to the go as I tested positive for Covid at the weekend. Any response would be veryappreciated.Am beginning to spiral

susie1
28-03-22, 18:52
Anyone?

.Poppy.
28-03-22, 18:59
You can't activate a tumor. Have you ever had migraines? That is the exact location I have migraines in. And stress is a huge trigger for them.

susie1
28-03-22, 19:30
Thankyou for your reply. Yes I do have migraines but this is constant on the bone above my eye and the corner of my eye is sore. I am beginning to go into melt down and know I can’t put my family through it all again

kyllikki
28-03-22, 20:00
I have the exact same pain on and off; if you do some searching, I think it's actually pretty common. Mine is definitely made worse by hormones, stress, and screens. I do have other vision problems but all of them seemingly long term and genetic; not connected to this at all. What works for me is treating the headache with OTC meds then treating myself to a day with zero screens (not even tv!). Either way, remember that a lot of us here have this, and none of us have a tumor -- just, as the name of the website suggests, a lot of panic and anxiety. :) Best wishes.