PDA

View Full Version : Itching cancer fears

maianixon
29-03-22, 11:13
I think I’m having a HA flare up. I’ve had some problems with unexplained itchiness for last few years now, mainly around my nose and mouth, hands and feet. Few months ago my scalp started being itchy all the time. The last month or two my skin has been really itchy all over also around my chest, but especially last week the itchiness has been really bad and almost constant, all over my body. I never thought that much about it, in the past antihistamines helped sometimes, but I tried taking them this week and they don’t seem to do anything. I have no rash, or eczema, sometimes after scratching I get bumps though.

I didn’t really think much of the itching but few weeks ago I saw a tiktok of a girl my age (26) who was constantly itchy and then found out she had lymphoma. That sort of stayed in my head and now I can’t stop thinking about it. I had a full blood test recently (not for this reason) and it was fine and I checked yesterday and found a slightly enlarged lymph node in my groin but nothing dramatic. I can’t stop thinking about it though and I’m still constantly so itchy it’s driving me mad and antihistamines don’t help.

utrocket09
29-03-22, 13:10
I think I’m having a HA flare up. I’ve had some problems with unexplained itchiness for last few years now, mainly around my nose and mouth, hands and feet. Few months ago my scalp started being itchy all the time. The last month or two my skin has been really itchy all over also around my chest, but especially last week the itchiness has been really bad and almost constant, all over my body. I never thought that much about it, in the past antihistamines helped sometimes, but I tried taking them this week and they don’t seem to do anything. I have no rash, or eczema, sometimes after scratching I get bumps though.

I didn’t really think much of the itching but few weeks ago I saw a tiktok of a girl my age (26) who was constantly itchy and then found out she had lymphoma. That sort of stayed in my head and now I can’t stop thinking about it. I had a full blood test recently (not for this reason) and it was fine and I checked yesterday and found a slightly enlarged lymph node in my groin but nothing dramatic. I can’t stop thinking about it though and I’m still constantly so itchy it’s driving me mad and antihistamines don’t help.

You can be itchy from anxiety/stress. And stay off tiktok. There is a reason that came up, chances are you were looking for it.

maianixon
29-03-22, 15:41
I hope so. I mean I’m confused because I was already really itchy before I was worried about it, but tbf I have been stressed about other things, so maybe that caused it? I’m literally itchy 24/7 at the moment. I really hope it subsides, I had a stressful couple of months and can’t be bothered with another health scare

Cptdebbie
30-03-22, 17:26
I get itchy a lot. This has gone on for decades, so I don’t worry about it. The dry air of winter causes me to itch as does the pollen in the spring. Any sort of clothing besides cotton makes me itch. We also itch more as we age. Our skin naturally becomes dryer.

There are so many reasons to itch that aren’t serious. I bet you are just fine. If you can find something to distract yourself, you may find your itching lessens.

Best of luck to you and HUGS!!

jojo2316
31-03-22, 09:45
All I can say is that WHENEVER I worry about the kinds of cancers that cause itching, I itch. Thinking about itching causes itching.