PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Hallucinations??

Cptdebbie
30-03-22, 17:20
Hi All,
I just had my regular eye exam about ten days ago, but I forgot to ask my doctor about something. And, of course, it is now happening daily.

When I wake up (and occasionally as I am falling to sleep), it appears as though the dark visual field that I see with my eyes closed moves side to side and less commonly up and down. I see what I would see if my eyes were closed and my was head moving back and forth. I can’t feel my head or my eyes moving though. If I open my eyes during one of these episodes, my vision is steady.

I’ve had this happen occasionally for at least a year now. I’ve attributed it to a hypnopompic phenomenon. It is not uncommon for me to wake up and feel various parts of my body shaking, vibrating, or buzzing. I also see weird things when I wake. Having my visual field move back and forth seems similar to the other weird manifestations of hypnogogia.

I was going to text my doctor about this, but it occurred to me that this forum might be a good resource for things related to anxiety. I believe my sleep hallucinations are very much anxiety related.

Has anyone experience this kind of visual episode before?

Thanks so much,
Debbie