PDA

View Full Version : Just here to be told I’m being irrational

Deepseathree
31-03-22, 04:26
Just to preface. Starting back on medication and my anxiety is high. I’m aware of how irrational I’m being just the same as you’re aware of how sometimes anxiety doesn’t care about rationality.

I had a dream that I was holding a bat and it bite me. No I can’t decipher if it was a dream and I keep thinking I’ve been bit. Wanting to go through the room and search for a dead bat.

See what I mean.

BlueIris
31-03-22, 05:47
It was just a dream, it's okay. You've got bats on your mind and it filtered through into your subconscious.

Nothing to worry about, I promise.

Deepseathree
02-04-22, 00:23
It was just a dream, it's okay. You've got bats on your mind and it filtered through into your subconscious.

Nothing to worry about, I promise.

Thanks for the response. Bats weren’t even remotely on my mind and rabies is a very irrational worry, though I’ve had the rabies vaccine a couple years back due to a raccoon.

Just going through a stressful time and my mind picked this at the moment. I’ve never witnessed a bat in our house and the wife and I just cleaned our room yesterday. No sign of a bat. But the worry is still there. Nevertheless, thanks for the response.

ButterscotchLatte
02-04-22, 21:02
Anxiety nightmares are the worst! But they're just dreams. I understand the fear, but you're totally fine. Its gonna be alright. Best of luck to you on your meds.