PDA

View Full Version : In the ER - abdominal pain, elevated WBC, waiting for a CT scan

ckelley116
01-04-22, 01:20
Title says it all. I had a mild stomachache all day yesterday that got worse around dinner time but felt better by the time I went to bed. Today I woke up and felt fine, but again, at dinner time it got worse. I ended up vomiting and in so much pain my husband took me to the ER. The doctor felt around my abdomen and there was no tenderness so she said no scans were needed, but they took blood and she said my WBC is too high for her liking and she was going to send me for a CT scan after all. I’m still waiting and trying not to freak out.

.Poppy.
01-04-22, 02:05
I don’t have much knowledge here but it sounds like you are in the right place and they are taking good care of you. I hope you get some answers (and pain relief!) soon.

Fishmanpa
01-04-22, 02:34
As Poppy said... you're in the right place. Let us know how you make out.

FMP

glassgirlw
01-04-22, 03:12
Sounds a lot like me a few nights ago. No abdominal tenderness either, but they did an ultrasound, turns out I have gallstones. It’s for sure painful. You’re in the best place for treatment tho, whatever it ends up being! Keep us updated.

ckelley116
01-04-22, 03:34
Thank you so much, everyone! Never thought I’d be so happy to be told I have a massive kidney stone 😂 the ER doctor said she never would’ve thought based on my presentation, but the scan showed it clear as day. I’m probably having surgery next week. I’ve never had any kind of surgery but my dad has his kidney stones blasted about as often as most people see the dentist, so I have a good idea of what to expect. So relieved!

glassgirlw
03-04-22, 15:32
Oh yeah, I’ve been there too. Kidney stones are awful!! Hoping all goes well for you!

anxious_thoughts
03-04-22, 15:52
Kidney stones are very painful, but glad you are well. I hope the surgery goes well too!