PDA

View Full Version : Daily feelings pit of stomach and inside unease

saintdee
03-04-22, 10:42
Hi All, I’m trying really hard to cope off my meds for last 7 months. Reason I’m doing this is because I have been on meds for so many years I really want to force myself you meet anxiety head on. Not saying it will work and I have had some tough times these last 7 months. These 3 weeks I have had surgical tooth extraction and then two days later I got Covid. I couldn’t eat properly due to tooth and Covid for about two weeks. I’m now experiencing anxiety for couple reasons, one of those reasons is now I find myself with no or reduced appetite and over last three weeks I have lost a little bit of weight. I’m trying to tell myself there is obvious reason if you haven’t eaten much or your eating habits have reduced for that time. But with anxiety it’s hard to tell yourself and believe yourself. So I find myself now waking up and the anxiety rushes in, daily now I’m feeling, bit shaky and tense as if I have tensed my muscles for 5 or 10 minutes and then relaxed them, it’s that feeling I have. I’m also got that out of the stomach feeling and this results in not wanting to eat and that then starts off the panic of losing weight again. I’m struggling to rationalise everything myself, even those I have put in this message some clear and obvious explanations. But us anxiety suffers do not seem to have the ability to trust ourselves and our own advice. Do others understand this? Anyone out there that can verify or agree with my own advice?

Thanks

Martin

Scass
03-04-22, 11:25
Hi Martin,
I’m sorry that you are having a rough time at the moment. Please believe that it will pass.

Have you had help with coming off your meds? I think it’s really best to do it under guidance and support.

Of course your weight loss is due to anxiety as well as your loss of appetite - also due to anxiety. When my anxiety is severe I can’t eat either, and it affects my stomach too. In fact I read a report the other day that said people with anxiety are also very likely to have gastric problems.

Could you try the little and often approach with food? 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 main ones, so that you’re eating something little & often. Fruit, crackers, soup etc. things that are easy to eat and are good for you.

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Have faith in your ability to fo the right thing for yourself.

Lencoboy
10-04-22, 15:43
I've started having a bit of a funny stomach this afternoon. Loose bowel movements, nausea and cramp feelings.

I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary nor anything improperly cooked/past its sell-by date.

I'm also a bit sensitive to noise today, as right now there is a person just round the corner from us mowing their lawn with the loudest, most horrendous sounding lawnmower ever that emits an extremely excruciating high pitched whining sound that keeps slowing down then speeding up again. So glad it's not me using the blasted thing!