PDA

View Full Version : Short fuse - anger and irritable - Help

welshdory
03-04-22, 18:02
Hi all, I have been on escitralopram 15mg for some time for anxiety/depression. I am a carer for my terminally ill husband and whilst this has been emotional and stressful I feel like I have managed pretty well. Until the last month or so and I just feel so full of anger, I am irritable and dreading each day.

I have tried a lot of antidepressants in the past ans not had much success with them. I'm unsure whether what I'm feeling is normal with having a terminally ill husband and experiencing a lot of change. But ironically I am now worrying about how I'm feeling.

Is there anything I can take for my irritability? Is it a part of anxiety and depression?

Thank you in advance x

Fishmanpa
03-04-22, 23:09
After my cancer, I suffered from some depression and 'scanxiety'. It manifested itself as irritability. I had a 50/50 chance of the cancer returning so yeah..... About a month or so prior to my appointments and scans (every three months for two years and every 6 months out to five years), I would get really irritable. I spoke to my doctor and was given a med (buspirone ) I could start and stop without the typical side effects of most SSRIs. It definitely helped.

FMP