PDA

View Full Version : fainting phobia?

helenclaire
21-11-07, 13:08
Hi,
i was wondering if anybody else shared my fear of fainting.
This fear has caused me to become agorophobic as i am afraid of passing out in front of people. As a quiet and shy person i would hate to be the centre of attention with everyone looking at me.
But the main problem is the more i think of it the more faint i begin to feel, i have never actually fainted but the feelings are so awful i am sure i will, this is causing me lots of problems as sometimes i feel ill when driving and am worried i will pass out at the wheel.
I do not know anyway of over coming it as it is constantly on my mind.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Helen

H22
21-11-07, 14:11
Hi Helen
I'm agoraphobic too and just before i became housebound i fainted at school, since then i've been constantly certain i'm going to faint in public, i havn't overcome it yet but i spoke to someone who has by using hypnotherapy. I highgly sugest trying it as it works for a lot of people.
I hope things go okay for you =]

yorkylover
21-11-07, 16:38
Hi Helen,I think slot of us worry about this.Iv had panic attacks on and off for about 12 years or more and I have never fainted.Iv hyperventalated in front of people and had panic attacks in front of people.When Im actually having them I really dont care what people are thinking at the time, its the last thing on my mind.
I think Im agoraphobic as I never go any where alone,but my fear is of having panic attacks in public and no one being with me.
The more you think of it the more you feel faint because you are getting anxious.:hugs:

angiebaby
21-11-07, 17:33
I too have developed a phobia of fainting and with all the symptoms we get that feel like we are really going to faint, does NOT help at all does it? I don't know how to get rid of it, wish i could, but if you find something that works then please let me know.x

Joe1981
22-11-07, 00:35
Hi Hellen,

I too am light headed and dizzy most of the day which makes me feel like i'm going to pass out. I cant seem to get rid of it myself but i do know 1 thing... The more i panic or worry about being dizzy the worse it gets and the more i feel like i'm going to pass out! It's scary and sometimes it really does feel like i'm on the verge of passing out but guess what? I NEVER DO!..

mirry
22-11-07, 08:07
i hate this , I too get really dizzy and scared but never faint.

Its like it takes you to the verge of fainting just to scare you :mad: .

Im trying to tell myself , so what if i do ? I will get back up again:shrug: .

helenclaire
22-11-07, 08:59
Hi.
thankyou for your replies, it helps to know i am not the only one going through this.
really wish there was something i could do to make it go away as it has taken over my life for too long now.
I have tried telling myself i wont faint, but the feelings are so awful it is so hard to convince yourself that you wont.
I have thought about hypnotherapy but i am to scared to try it.
Guess i will just have to keep praying for that miracle cure.
Helen:shrug:

mirry
22-11-07, 09:14
also do you find your heart goes funny at the same time as you feel your gonna faint ?

helenclaire
22-11-07, 09:21
Sometimes i do get the missed beats etc, but mainly its a feeling of weakness, i will feel hot and cold, nauseous.and my body feels like jelly.
I know these are all symptoms of anxiety but they are awful and i hate it when i am told it is all in my mind.
Helen

consumed-by-fear
26-04-09, 10:41
Hello,

I suffer from continuous intensifying panic attacks and dizziness. I have TREMENDOUS fear of fainting - it controls me in every aspect. In addition, I start to have heart pains when I feel panicky about fainting. And I feel faint very often. I also fainted before for real.:weep:

I read a bunch of information online and determined that I most likely an agoraphobic type. I feel faint when I am in a supermarket full of people. I feel faint and breathless at my desk. I feel faint when I look at people too long and don't like something about them. I feel faint when I think of fainting. I feel faint as a result of adrenalin rush, whether it is based on a positive or negative experience.

Has anyone found a cure? Please, if anyone knows how to get rid of this problem, I would appreciate any advice. It's getting harder and harder for me to get on with my everyday life. I am afraid to live.

angietomjimandcass
26-04-09, 10:50
I have the same feeling like vertigo, please let me know if anyone fined a cure.

amandaj
26-04-09, 11:02
i have the fear of fainting in public also hence why i dont go out far at all

cheekycharlie
26-04-09, 11:24
yes when first started with anxiety, had this fear. I was convinced I was going to collapse somewhere & no one would be there to find me or help me. I am over that now. You will get thru it hun. xxx

pinkcherryhearts
18-10-09, 10:56
When you have a panic attack you blood preassure rises which makes it impossible to faint, thats what my doctor keeps saying but when you are actually having one the fear is so real and im convinced I will faint but never have. Its a vicous circle and because I suffer from low blood preassure its even worse. But I havent fainted yet even with low blood preassure but the fears always there.

Sully123
05-08-15, 16:35
Have you ever found a way to help with your fainting phobia?

Hello,

I suffer from continuous intensifying panic attacks and dizziness. I have TREMENDOUS fear of fainting - it controls me in every aspect. In addition, I start to have heart pains when I feel panicky about fainting. And I feel faint very often. I also fainted before for real.:weep:

I read a bunch of information online and determined that I most likely an agoraphobic type. I feel faint when I am in a supermarket full of people. I feel faint and breathless at my desk. I feel faint when I look at people too long and don't like something about them. I feel faint when I think of fainting. I feel faint as a result of adrenalin rush, whether it is based on a positive or negative experience.

Has anyone found a cure? Please, if anyone knows how to get rid of this problem, I would appreciate any advice. It's getting harder and harder for me to get on with my everyday life. I am afraid to live.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Has anyone found a cure???? I suffer from the phobia of feeling like I am going to faint and want to enjoy and live my life!