PDA

View Full Version : Bone growth prominent on upper jaw

nhelen79
04-04-22, 22:30
I’m back in the anxiety hell hole again.

On my upper jaw, one of my jaw bone is kinda prominent at the curve where the jaw bone curved down . You can see a bony extrusion at the curve like a white dot on the gum. I noticed that at least 2yrs and have went to dentist before. She said just your jaw bone protruding out.

Ugh, I’ve been super stressed out about moving to a new place and then suddenly that exact area gum/jaw/teeth hurt when I drink water, especially cold water or when I touch on the gum.

Went to a new dentist and she referred me to oral surgeon because it’s not her area, more like bone gum issue and they have the paranomic X-ray or something. The X-ray for the teeth at her office show nothing wrong with the teeth under that area

Went to oral surgeon. Took the said X-ray. He did a quick exam and told me he would need to scale down that protruding part of the jaw bone. He thinks the Invisalign brace might irritate and put pressure on that point to cause me the gum pain. He thought for a little bit and code it as tori removal.

I’m waiting for his office to verify insurance and give me a quote. I’m super stressed out. Both persons didn’t say anything bad like tumor or OC. I didn’t dare to ask anyway.

If something doesn’t seem good on the X-rays, they need to tell me right?

Ugh 😩

Fishmanpa
05-04-22, 00:37
If something doesn’t seem good on the X-rays, they need to tell me right?

You would have been referred if they thought something was sinister. Granted, it's not an ideal situation and they need to do a procedure to help you and while stressful and inconvenient, it's not something to go into the rabbit hole over.

FMP

nhelen79
05-04-22, 01:35
You would have been referred if they thought something was sinister. Granted, it's not an ideal situation and they need to do a procedure to help you and while stressful and inconvenient, it's not something to go into the rabbit hole over.

FMP
How are you, fishmanpa? Thank you for your reassurance. I just scheduled for procedure to be done for tomorrow. The assistant said it would be 30-40min. The doctor saw me today didn’t really say much. I’ll ask more tomorrow.