PDA

View Full Version : I've had pain in my left armpit for like 6 months on and off

scaredandalone1995
08-04-22, 15:40
So I have had this armpit pain for around 6 months it might be longer and it did first come on due to anxiety about worrying about a lymph node in my neck. I never got it checked out and now im worried because I have left it for so long, i can't feel a lump in that area but im worrying there is something there im missing, it all just feels normal, it burns sometimes and it just feels like a sort of nagging pain. Could this just be anxiety from worrying about my lymph nodes or maybe just when im stressed im starting a new job soon and my health worries have come back in force. Im going to the doctor on Monday about this pain and also about my anxiety which i feel is the route of all my problems. Obviously im worrying about lymphoma but i know it would of got worse over the period I've had the pain. Im 26 and Male and im a healthy weight. I really just need someone to talk to at the moment im just very lonely. Just find it hard to believe it can only be anxiety causing this and im just annoyed at myself for not getting it checked out sooner.

flatterycat
08-04-22, 19:12
Just to say I get armpit pain in one armpit which has gone on for a long time. Anxiety will make you hyper alert to any sensations and once we attach to one particular pain or aspect of our body, we will feel everything. The pain could be simply from a muscle or bad posture which worried you and made you focus on it. Also, believe me, if you are prodding a lot to check for changes, then this will also add to the mix.

scaredandalone1995
08-04-22, 19:41
Just to say I get armpit pain in one armpit which has gone on for a long time. Anxiety will make you hyper alert to any sensations and once we attach to one particular pain or aspect of our body, we will feel everything. The pain could be simply from a muscle or bad posture which worried you and made you focus on it. Also, believe me, if you are prodding a lot to check for changes, then this will also add to the mix.

Thank you for the reply i really appreciate it yeah im sure it is just muscular or anxiety/stress i feel a lot better now than i did earlier i will still get it checked at the doctors on Monday more just for peace of mind. I know if there was something wrong it would of got worse or i would have other symptoms just trying to keep telling myself that and trying to keep busy. Good to know other people get the same pain when anxious i know in the past ive had it with other areas of the body anxiety can do crazy things to the body clearly.