PDA

View Full Version : Dentist Visit

Alabasterlyn
21-11-07, 17:52
For the first time in years I actually managed to go to the dentist all on my own today. I had been really worried for ages about going for a check up as I knew I needed some work doing but had been waiting for the nights to draw in as I find it hard going during the daytime due to my agoraphobia.

Anyway my 6pm appointment was brought forward an hour today as the dentist had a cancellation so on the spur of the moment I just put my coat on and walked round the corner to the dentist.

I ended up having a filling done without an injection :ohmy: To be honest I think if I had known she was going to do a filling I probably would have waited for my partner to go with me, but all the same I'm pleased I managed to go on my own.

Pink Panic
21-11-07, 18:02
Hi

Well Done ! :D

I am scared stiff of the Dentist and keep putting off going so I know just how hard this must have been for you especially as you went on your own.

Pink
x

Alabasterlyn
21-11-07, 19:12
Hi

Well Done ! :D

I am scared stiff of the Dentist and keep putting off going so I know just how hard this must have been for you especially as you went on your own.

Pink
x

Thanks Pink, I have to say going to the dentist is not my idea of an enjoyable way to spend my time either! However I don't think I have a dental phobia, it's more a case of my agoraphobia making me feel very trapped in the chair. I can manage up to 20mins and then I really have to go :ohmy:

Pink Panic
21-11-07, 20:01
Hi again,

I really have to go too as after eating some lovely Thornton's Toffee a few weeks back I also ate part of one of my back teeth :ohmy:
I was expecting to be in agony but no pain as yet so hopefully it stays that way.

Well done again to you for managing it, I hate the trapped feeling too.

Pink
x

margaret911
21-11-07, 20:12
Well done Lyn, I managed the dentist today to see the hygenist and it was so painful as my teeth are very sensitive but I am so glad I did it.
love Mags

Alabasterlyn
21-11-07, 20:14
Hi again,

I really have to go too as after eating some lovely Thornton's Toffee a few weeks back I also ate part of one of my back teeth :ohmy:
I was expecting to be in agony but no pain as yet so hopefully it stays that way.

Well done again to you for managing it, I hate the trapped feeling too.

Pink
x

Oh heck poor you. I have to say I'm scared to eat toffee after a similar thing happening to me many years ago. In fact I am now very wary of everything I eat as I get paranoid about hard or very chewy foods. I would say as you've had no pain then hopefully the tooth is okay, perhaps you just broke a small bit off? The tooth I had filled today is one where half the tooth just broke off leaving an exposed filling. I'd had a temporary job done on it earlier this year but it broke off again in the Summer. I then decided to leave it until the nights started drawing in. Luckily I had no pain whatsover since the Summer and I'm pretty sure I could have left it much longer. Right now though I am having some pain in the tooth which I am surprised about as it wasn't a huge filling although she did put a pin in for some reason. I think I have a pretty low pain threshold :ohmy:

shoegal
22-11-07, 00:33
Hi,

Well done for going to the dentist. :yesyes:

I'm not sure if I have a dental phobia, but it is definately one of the hardest things for me to do because I'm agoraphobic and I hate being trapped in the dentist's chair feeling like I can't breath while they do their stuff. I haven't been for a year and I've been putting off my next visit.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Jaco45er
22-11-07, 05:12
Nie one (((((((((((((((Lyn))))))))))))))))))

Celebrate by making me a coffee sometime :)

Jaco

PUGLETMUM
22-11-07, 10:09
:yesyes: WELL DONE LYN!!!!:yesyes:

Alabasterlyn
22-11-07, 15:02
Well done Lyn, I managed the dentist today to see the hygenist and it was so painful as my teeth are very sensitive but I am so glad I did it.
love Mags

Well done to you too Mags, I think even seeing the hygenist is hard.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have a dental phobia, but it is definately one of the hardest things for me to do because I'm agoraphobic and I hate being trapped in the dentist's chair feeling like I can't breath while they do their stuff. I haven't been for a year and I've been putting off my next visit.

I don't know how they define an actual dental phobia. I have always hated going to the dentist and can remember as a child having to dragged into the surgery by my parents :ohmy:

As a fellow agoraphobic I do think it's the agoraphobia that is making it hard. I am nearly as bad at the thought of going to a hairdresser as once again you are trapped in the chair. I have only gone to a salon once in 30yrs. The only thing I can handle okay is the optitician as I know it's quite easy to just say I've had enough and go home.

Nie one (((((((((((((((Lyn))))))))))))))))))

Celebrate by making me a coffee sometime :)

Jaco

Well you know where I am Jaco and my snail coffee just gets better all the time :hugs:

honeybee3939
22-11-07, 19:43
Hi Lyn

Great news about the dentist visit:yesyes: , dentists are one of my biggest fears!:ohmy:

WELL DONE hun !:yesyes: :yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Nibbles
26-11-07, 17:04
Well done Lyn and all you other super people for conquering your fears! :yesyes: Flipping dentists! :lac:

Take care,

Mike :)