PDA

View Full Version : Hands constantly falling asleep at night

christy67
14-04-22, 17:46
My arms and hands started falling asleep at night a year ago. It happens most nights from elbow to first 3 fingers mostly, sometimes both hands. I also have tingling in back I’ve had for years (diagnosed as bulging disc)

My doctor quickly gave me a tendinitis diagnosis and I’ve been doing OT and it isn’t helping. Health anxiety is seeping in and I’m worried it’s something neurological which is my greatest fear.

Anyone have this symptom and have it be benign?

nomorepanic
15-04-22, 12:16
Yup i get a numb arm/hand every night.

It can't be serious for you or it would happen all day as well and not just at night.

christy67
16-04-22, 14:35
Thank you so much for responding! You have eased my mind a bit.

ErinKC
16-04-22, 16:35
Almost every night the same thing happens to me! I sleep with my arm under my pillow and sometimes wake up with my arm so asleep from elbow to hand I have to actually use my other hand to lift it up and move it, haha. I’ve never thought anything of it because it’s happened for years and years.

christy67
17-04-22, 03:36
My too! My doctor ordered OT for it. So glad to hear it seems somewhat normal!

Iwant2bhealthy
17-04-22, 07:07
It's absolutely normal. Has to do with pressure on your nerves when you sleep on your arm, or when the arm is bent. Happens more often if you put on some weight as the fat tissue will cause extra pressure, or if your mattress is too hard, and creates more pressure on the tissues. I used to have it every night until I got a mew mattress with a gel layer on top. Now it doesn’t happen anymore. :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

christy67
17-04-22, 15:46
This makes total sense. Thank you all for all the reassurance.