PDA

View Full Version : Mole suddenly painful

ErinKC
16-04-22, 16:34
I know I’m in a bit of a state of worry the last few weeks. But last night I touched my face and noticed that a mole I have is painful to the touch. I’ve had this mole for at least 15 years, but since last night it’s definitely inflamed a bit and hurts with even light touch. I thought maybe a pimple was forming right next to it, but I can’t see anything. All I see is that the mole is a bit swollen and looks kind of inflamed around one edge.

I know it’s extraordinarily unlikely to be cancer but with the weekend I thought I’d reach out to see if anyone had a mole get sore like this and then get better with no issue. If it’s still sore Monday I’ll call my dermatologist.

Thanks!

ErinKC
16-04-22, 23:31
Any thoughts? I can't think of anything I did to it to inflame it - I just noticed the pain incidentally. I've never worried about this mole before so I didn't conjure this up. It's definitely more swollen than usual and hurts when i touch it or smile (because it moves the part of the face where it is). The skin around it looks normal. It just came entirely out of nowhere! It didn't hurt yesterday morning when I put my makeup on.

Phill2
17-04-22, 00:34
If it's worrying you get it checked out.