PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Back Pain

Tmoll
21-04-22, 07:50
Hi everyone!

I’ve had the horrible back pain that started about almost a month ago and will not quit. The pain starts in the center of my back, but goes up to my shoulders and sometimes to my chest and arms. Doctors don’t seem to have answer for the pain and are saying that it’s not likely muscular skeletal pain. I haven’t lifted anything heavy that would bring on the pain, I just woke up one day and it was there. Medication hasn’t brought any relief either. I’m starting to get a little worried because I’ve felt a little run down on top of the pain and the tips or my fingers have felt a little weird. It’s hard to explain, like a tingling feeling. Has anyone experienced something like this?

panicdad
21-04-22, 14:07
Have they tried treating it as acid reflux?

.Poppy.
21-04-22, 14:32
How many doctors have you spoken to? Have they had any suggestions? I'd be pretty frustrated if I was in pain and the doctors just said "idk" but didn't really seem to offer any solutions.

WorryRaptor
21-04-22, 20:29
Hi everyone!

I’ve had the horrible back pain that started about almost a month ago and will not quit. The pain starts in the center of my back, but goes up to my shoulders and sometimes to my chest and arms. Doctors don’t seem to have answer for the pain and are saying that it’s not likely muscular skeletal pain. I haven’t lifted anything heavy that would bring on the pain, I just woke up one day and it was there. Medication hasn’t brought any relief either. I’m starting to get a little worried because I’ve felt a little run down on top of the pain and the tips or my fingers have felt a little weird. It’s hard to explain, like a tingling feeling. Has anyone experienced something like this?

I get similar pain in my back through to chest, and tingling in one of my hands. My doctor said its from a bulging disc pressing on nerves in my spine which run into my shoulder and arm. Your doctor should at least send you for a scan to make sure you don't have any back issues.

Tmoll
26-04-22, 04:44
Hi everyone! Thank you for the replies! It’s still something I’m dealing with and I’m at a complete loss. They originally thought it might have been an issue with reflux, but I’ve been diagnosed with acid reflux for years and never experienced this type of pain. I saw a doctor from my primary’s office when he was not available and they told me to check with my GI. I contacted my GI, who basically said I’m on pretty decent medicine and that I should check back with my primary. I had an appointment with him last week and told me I should try physical therapy. I’ve been to 3 doctors and an ER visit and no one has found the reason for the pain. I’m at a complete loss and I feel like I’m being tossed around. I told my primary that I’m willing to try PT, but I have no idea how I could have hurt myself. I work a desk job and barely lift anything beyond my limit

NoraB
26-04-22, 07:53
Hi everyone! Thank you for the replies! It’s still something I’m dealing with and I’m at a complete loss. They originally thought it might have been an issue with reflux, but I’ve been diagnosed with acid reflux for years and never experienced this type of pain.

I've had IBS for years but I get different types of pain with it..

I saw a doctor from my primary’s office when he was not available and they told me to check with my GI. I contacted my GI, who basically said I’m on pretty decent medicine and that I should check back with my primary. I had an appointment with him last week and told me I should try physical therapy. I’ve been to 3 doctors and an ER visit and no one has found the reason for the pain. I’m at a complete loss and I feel like I’m being tossed around. I told my primary that I’m willing to try PT, but I have no idea how I could have hurt myself. I work a desk job and barely lift anything beyond my limit

You say you have a desk job? Back pain is very common with people who sit at desks all day. I would be pushing for a scan as wear & tear of the discs in the spine can cause all kinds of problems but physiotherapy will help you there. A scan would tell physio exactly where the issues are..