PDA

View Full Version : Neck fullness

Candy1
21-04-22, 14:01
I was hoping someone can reassure me, I went to a clinic and the dr did a neck exam and said she felt fullness in the thyroid area and asked if I had blood work done recently, which I did and everything including thyroid was normal. So she said the fullness could just be weight gain....I do have some fat on my neck. But I'm stuck on that word fullness and have been a mess since then. I'm so scared there is a swollen lymph node or a mass in my throat. She did not order any tests and told me not to worry, but my health anxiety has been the worst it's ever been. I don't feel any lumps or bumps in my neck and it feels normal, but I just can't stop worrying. Has anyone gone through something similar? Could the fullness really be weight gain?

Candy1
22-04-22, 12:30
Is there anyone that can reassure me? My health anxiety is so bad I'm really having a hard time with this

Scass
22-04-22, 18:28
Sounds like she was just using a medical term instead of saying “fat”. I can see why either term would cause issue. Just focus on the fact you had tests recently and all was well.

Candy1
22-04-22, 20:54
Thank you so much

Elliejane44
22-04-22, 21:17
If doctor was any way concerned she would done more tests. Try to forget about it . It’s not easy I know that 100% . If you can’t forget see any gp and then move on after that .

Candy1
22-04-22, 22:35
Thank you, that's what I keep telling myself, she would have ordered more tests if she was concerned.