PDA

View Full Version : New with social anxiety around conflict

EE
25-04-22, 11:08
Hi all,

I realised about 6 months ago that I have social anxiety. I'm in my late forties and am trying to face it with CBT and behaviour experiments now I know what it's been about. I'm stuck with a fear of conflict (covert conflict particularly) and am wondering if this is the case with a neighbor if anyone has any suggestions or experience with things like this, I'd appreciate your thoughts...

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?247793-Fear-of-conflict-with-neighbour&p=2042785#post2042785

EE

venusbluejeans
25-04-22, 11:13
Hiya EE and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

AnxiousMancunian
25-04-22, 16:37
Hi m8,

I've had problems with my neighbors in the past. I've found the best course of action is to laugh it off and ignore them, unless of course it's some kind of boundary or legal dispute. Since I've started going to the gym and keeping my head busy by learning, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me, especially people who don't like me. Nobody is liked by everyone.

Cheers,

Sunshine93
26-04-22, 12:14
Welcome to NMP!