PDA

View Full Version : Whiplash concerns after moped rear ended me!

JustBenn
26-04-22, 20:54
Hi, on the 13th April, a delivery scooter (moped) went in to the back of my car, we was in slow moving road that was building traffic, i pressed the brakes because the car infront of me stopped, next thing i hear is a bang from behind and my head lightly hitting the head rest. I didnt even think about whiplash, we must have been going 5 - 10mph, anyway its been 2 weeks, i didn't experience neck pain, or headaches, or any pain since then, i read something today that it can cause brain injuries, and that's my health anxiety special.

elliesun
26-04-22, 20:55
I'd imagine whiplash happens right away, you sound like you are ok thankfully after the bump - just your nerves impacted! No worries necessary about brain damage :)

FamilyPicnic
27-04-22, 00:17
I would say at 2 weeks out you are probably safe, especially since you were going so slow. It can take a few days for whiplash to appear but I think within a week it would show up. I was rear ended by someone going about 30ish (they didn't see traffic had stopped as they were on the phone) and in turn I was pushed into the car in front of me. So my neck got jolted hard from the front and back. It didn't hurt at first, took about 5 days and then it was very, very painful. I'm glad you are okay and weren't seriously hurt. Accidents are very upsetting, aren't they?