PDA

View Full Version : niece in hospital

unsure_about_this
01-05-22, 13:20
My niece was taken into hospital sometime yesterday afternoon/evening (by ambulance) as my brother in law phone us around 10pm last night.

Hoping the doctors/nurse can find the cause what is wrong with her.

Scass
01-05-22, 17:36
Sorry to hear this, I hope she’s doing better now x

unsure_about_this
01-05-22, 18:05
Sorry to hear this, I hope she’s doing better now x

Thank you, the staff are keeping her in for a few days, hopefully she will be release Tuesday or Wednesday, my brother in law and sister have been taking turns to stop with her in hospital, and only one of them can stop the night

unsure_about_this
02-05-22, 21:43
My niece was released from hospital early this evening, she has to go back to hospital every day for a week a so, for antibiotics treatment or whatever tablets she been put on, can only be done in hospital.

Think me and my parents are thinking about going on a first aid course, I did one years ago as part of a course I was on,

pulisa
03-05-22, 08:06
Glad she's home now. Must have been a very worrying time for you but at least the hospital will be keeping a close eye on her for as long as she needs antibiotics.

I think the first aid course is a very sensible thing to do as you never know when you will need to use these skills.

unsure_about_this
03-05-22, 12:48
Glad she's home now. Must have been a very worrying time for you but at least the hospital will be keeping a close eye on her for as long as she needs antibiotics.

I think the first aid course is a very sensible thing to do as you never know when you will need to use these skills.

Thanks my parents and I also had to take a single course of antibiotics last night to be on the safe side, as we had my niece the weekend before, as my brother in law and sister were asked has she been with anyone for long periods of time (overnight)

My parents honest with me what she had.

unsure_about_this
03-05-22, 20:56
It was a very worrying time for me and my parents (we did not sleep very well Saturday night) brother in law and sister have not slept well, even though whoever has stopped with my niece has been looked after with food, water brother in law parents have probably not slept well, my brother in law's Dad been in hospital yesterday for other reasons, he needed some medication.

The doctors/nurses were straight onto what she had after running a few tests. and give her the treatment needed,

unsure_about_this
05-05-22, 19:27
My niece had her last course of antibiotics at hospital this evening, the blood test could not tell much , my brother in law, sister and niece have video called us this evening, and she looked a lot better than did earlier in the week, showed us her arm.

pulisa
05-05-22, 21:07
Really good news! She's been in the wars but I bet she'll bounce back quickly. Glad the hospital were so quick to diagnose and treat.

unsure_about_this
06-05-22, 12:35
Really good news! She's been in the wars but I bet she'll bounce back quickly. Glad the hospital were so quick to diagnose and treat.

Thank you, she is bouncing back well, a little tired, but she has master how to wrap bandages around baby doll I bought her when she was born, and around daddy's head

unsure_about_this
06-05-22, 18:49
Niece still needs antibiotics. but she can take these from home now, she had some sort of bacterial/viral infection, and covid19.

Scass
06-05-22, 21:12
Poor little girl, hope she recovers quickly now she’s home.

unsure_about_this
06-05-22, 21:34
Poor little girl, hope she recovers quickly now she’s home.

Thanks, hopefully in a few weeks time I be able to see my niece as well as my Dad, my mum hoping to go on next week if all goes well.

unsure_about_this
20-05-22, 13:36
My niece has finished with her tablets now and no longer need to go back to the hospital

She is back to her normal self, more mischievous

pulisa
20-05-22, 19:52
That's really good news, Phil. You must all be very pleased that she is back to her old self now.

unsure_about_this
20-05-22, 20:10
That's really good news, Phil. You must all be very pleased that she is back to her old self now.

Yes we are all please she back to her normal self, we still have to tell her no tip toes , as she has the habit sometimes walking on them.

The other thing she had is fairly common for what the doctors say for under 5s. and should not happen again.

unsure_about_this
31-05-22, 21:52
Niece is coming up tomorrow and Thursday and most of Friday for the bank holiday, so will be spending some time with my niece,

unsure_about_this
19-06-22, 21:32
We had my niece up again this weekend, also had my sister and brother in law up some of the weekend, mainly overnight. We are happy she is back to her normal self.

Spent more time with my niece, her vocab is coming along well, so no trips to Hillsborough ground for my niece, not letting her suffer watching the team I support.

unsure_about_this
05-05-23, 19:27
My niece had her 2nd trip to hospital (A and E) a few days , this time with a fracture finger, she has proudly showed off her tape fingers, we am always warning my niece to be carefully , as you don't want to spend 5 hours waiting in hospital to be seen at the hospital

We are hoping to be able to go away with my niece, brother in law and sister with my parents before my niece starts big school in September she is ready for it.

unsure_about_this
29-10-23, 20:08
We did get away earlier this year, with my niece, brother in law and sister spent a long weekend up in Scarborough and rented out a holiday house, which had enough bedrooms for us all, enough bathrooms

We went to Whitby on the Saturday , Sunday we spent the day in Scarborough , and had a trip on the tram ride up to the top. and we did a boat trip. Monday we spent the day up in Robin Hood's Bay.

My niece has settled in big school now, first day she decided for some reason to throw her shoe at the teacher. as she was the only on who did not get a sticker for good behaviour , over than that she is fine.

unsure_about_this
01-02-24, 21:22
Another trip for my niece to hospital, she had another convulsive seizure today, just like before, she been to hospital and been released . I think we need first aid course

My parents did not hide this from me,

We hope the doctors can find out the cause what are causing the seizures

Pkstracy
07-02-24, 10:42
Sending you hugs, I am so sorry she is going through this.

unsure_about_this
07-02-24, 13:24
Sending you hugs, I am so sorry she is going through this.

Thanks,

unsure_about_this
08-02-24, 10:43
We found out that my brother in law used to have similar fits when he was the same age as my niece , but he grew out of them , his Mum was a nurse before she retire , so she knows more about what to do than me and my parents etc we got two nurses on our side of the family

Pkstracy
18-02-24, 08:40
How is she doing now?

unsure_about_this
22-02-24, 11:15
How is she doing now?

Thanks for asking, she is doing fine, more mischievous