PDA

View Full Version : How often is it normal to pee? Is going every 2 hours normal if not drinking?

elliesun
01-05-22, 15:47
I have had bladder anxiety on and off for 2 years. It comes and goes and I have had mo the without it.

However, I think some of my anxiety is not knowing what is "normal" anymore ad I never made note of it when I wasn't anxious of course!

How often is it normal to pee? Even if I don't drink anything recently I've still had a bursting full bladder after a little while. How often is it actually normal to go?

Fishmanpa
01-05-22, 16:59
4-10+ times a day depending on the individual. Age, hydration, medications etc. can affect it as well and for me personally, with age, medications and prostate issues, I go much more often (at least 2X during the night) and have difficulty getting going and emptying out. Add anxiety and the fight or flight response and there is no normal. The bottom line is, if you have to go, go :shrug:

FMP

elliesun
01-05-22, 18:14
Thanks Fishmanpa. This has been my worst HA obsession as it's a normal bodily function. I can't even remember how often I went before I made it a scary thing with anxiety as it wasn't a big deal but I remember going like 2 hours after I went to bed, going, and getting back into bed to watch a show. Now that's earth shattering for me! My anxiety spikes every time I need the bathroom - it's very exhausting. It has gone away for weeks/months before but seems to always creep back. I wish I didn't have to go at all :roflmao: