PDA

View Full Version : Lung collapsing fears.

anxious_thoughts
04-05-22, 15:49
I have had this feeling of when I take a deep breathe I have the urge in my chest to cough. I’ve had this on and off since January after I had COVID. I also have post nasal drip. The feeling in my chest feels like a slight burning sensation, it feels a bit like heart burn but it’s constant or sometimes goes away after a few days.

I am more aware of it when anxious and moving around the house. If I’m sitting I don’t notice it too much.

There was a couple weeks there where it went away but then Thursday last week at night I felt some wheezing and it totally put me in a spiral. It went away after 4 hours but I kept coughing loud and hacking, also taking lots of deep breaths to see if the wheezing was there and now I have that heart burn type of feeling. It is also felt in my upper back a bit. But idk if it’s just anxiety making me more aware of what. Im so tired of feeling this way. I’m scared my lung will collapse. I am trying my hardest not to google symptoms of that.

anxious_thoughts
04-05-22, 15:57
I realize the feeling in my chest worsens when I push my shoulders inwards. I’m so afraid my lung will collapse.

anxious_thoughts
04-05-22, 16:22
I ended up googling symptoms and realize that a lung collapse symptoms are extremely intense. I called my doctor and waiting for an appointment. I want to get another chest X-ray done as my last one was in February.