PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out I have a Appendicitis

Dragi316
05-05-22, 13:15
So I woke up 2 nights ago at 4 am with a real sharp pain on the right next to my Belly Button. Of course I started freaking out it was a appendicitis. The pain went down to a dull stabbing pain that has felt almost constant since . It’s bearable but every time I feel the twinge of pain I freak out it’s my appendix about to burst . Has anybody had this before?

ErinKC
05-05-22, 15:39
So I woke up 2 nights ago at 4 am with a real sharp pain on the right next to my Belly Button. Of course I started freaking out it was a appendicitis. The pain went down to a dull stabbing pain that has felt almost constant since . It’s bearable but every time I feel the twinge of pain I freak out it’s my appendix about to burst . Has anybody had this before?

Appendicitis would get increasingly worse to the point that you were doubled over in pain and would not be wondering if you should go to the ER. Most people I've know with appendicitis have had severe pain and vomiting - most went to the hospital thinking they had bad food poisoning. Their symptoms were not subtle. What you're describing sounds more like gas pain.

Dragi316
05-05-22, 15:45
Appendicitis would get increasingly worse to the point that you were doubled over in pain and would not be wondering if you should go to the ER. Most people I've know with appendicitis have had severe pain and vomiting - most went to the hospital thinking they had bad food poisoning. Their symptoms were not subtle. What you're describing sounds more like gas pain.

Could gas last days? And can it still be gas if I’m pooping normally?

Pamplemousse
05-05-22, 16:48
I have had both appendicitis (Nov. 1971) and a burst appendix (July 1972). As ErinKC has pointed out, the pain is not subtle - it is terrifying, especially when you are seven; it's testament to how bad it is that I cam remember it clearly fifty years later. And yes, you throw up - a lot.

Darksky
05-05-22, 17:03
My other half had appendicitis in January this year. The pain started in the centre and travelled down to the bottom right and it was excruciating. You wouldn’t be posting on here. Once in the hospital they admitted him immediately as it was about to burst.
He was in agony believe me.