PDA

View Full Version : Scared of melanoma, please help

atm4660
08-05-22, 14:05
Hi, everyone, and Happy Mother痴 Day. About three weeks ago, I felt a bump on my back and scratched at it until it bled. Now it has healed up into a small red, slightly raised area and if you look very closely you can see a tiny brown freckle under it. I知 so scared that I scratched off a melanoma, or even worse, a nodular melanoma! For background, I知 very good about going for skin exams and last went December 17th and got an all clear. I知 supposed to go again on May 31st (I知 starting at a new doctor because my old dermatologist retired in December so that is the earliest they could get me in). Is that too long to wait? I知 so scared. Oh and I知 female, 42 with light skin and eyes. Thank you for any replies!

Sparklejay
08-05-22, 14:43
first of all hello
thesis such a worrying time for you, perhaps contacting the dr and see if you can bring your appointment forward if they have any cancellations. :hugs:

atm4660
08-05-22, 16:56
Thank you, I am going to do that, just trying to see if there is any reassurance for me in the meantime. Would a new melanoma have spread in this short of a time since my last appointment?