PDA

View Full Version : Back of head dizziness

worriedmuch
10-05-22, 23:43
Hello

I was wondering if anyone here had experienced similar. It's happened twice now, once when standing at the till in work and again on the sofa at home. It's a sort of dizziness/pressure around the back of my head. It feels like a band tightening but it only lasts maybe five seconds. I felt a bit faint and nauseous when it happened but it wasn't like the room was spinning or anything.

I've also noticed I'm clenching my teeth a lot and my ears feel full. I'm thinking it's either angling my head down all day or an inner ear thing but I keep worrying about it. The back of my neck leading to my head feels a bit tight and it's the back of my head that feels sort of dizzy. I don't know why I've started clenching my teeth but I find myself doing it throughout the day and night and can't seem to stop it.

Anyone experienced similar?

Fishmanpa
10-05-22, 23:55
Look at the treads at the bottom of the page.

FMP

NoraB
11-05-22, 08:08
Hello

I was wondering if anyone here had experienced similar. It's happened twice now, once when standing at the till in work and again on the sofa at home. It's a sort of dizziness/pressure around the back of my head. It feels like a band tightening but it only lasts maybe five seconds. I felt a bit faint and nauseous when it happened but it wasn't like the room was spinning or anything.

I've also noticed I'm clenching my teeth a lot and my ears feel full. I'm thinking it's either angling my head down all day or an inner ear thing but I keep worrying about it. The back of my neck leading to my head feels a bit tight and it's the back of my head that feels sort of dizzy. I don't know why I've started clenching my teeth but I find myself doing it throughout the day and night and can't seem to stop it.

This is all connected. I'm a teeth clencher - so much so that I have to use a mouthguard (£200 no less) I get lots of ear pressure and tension around the back of my head. It's the jaw tension that's the issue here..

BlueIris
11-05-22, 08:19
Funny thing, I've had that weird sort of tugging, dizzy feeling at the back of my head for the past half-day or so. I've been quite tense (even more so than I normally am), so could this be related?

worriedmuch
11-05-22, 09:53
Thanks for the replies! Yes, I'm starting to think it's connected but I have no idea why I've started clenching my teeth. I notice myself doing it all the time now and it feels like sinus pressure between my ears and jaw. Super annoying. I sort of know it's nothing serious but the dizzy thing makes you think the worst doesn't it?

NoraB
11-05-22, 10:21
I sort of know it's nothing serious but the dizzy thing makes you think the worst doesn't it?

Only when you have health anxiety..

The jaw joint is directly in front of the ear, this is why the ears are affected and this can cause a feeling of pressure which in turn can cause dizziness. All very rational when you break it down..

I had a bad episode of jaw tension earlier this year. My jaw went into spasm. My ears were plugged and I was feeling dizzy and nauseous. Addressing the tension in my jaw sorted the problem out but it took months..

BlueIris
11-05-22, 10:29
Being completely honest, it's not a source of worry for me as it is a bloody nuisance. Was vaguely concerned about it being the onset of a stomach bug (can't afford to miss any more work) but other than that it's just uncomfortable. I did notice that the tinnitus I've had for a few weeks vanished when this started up, so presumably it's all connected.

NoraB
11-05-22, 10:42
I did notice that the tinnitus I've had for a few weeks vanished when this started up, so presumably it's all connected.

Don't start me on the tinnitus, Blue. Mine has been driving me loopy the last few weeks. Low pitched, high pitched - all at the same time.

BlueIris
11-05-22, 10:46
You poor thing, mine was just a bit of ringing when I was lying down.

NoraB
11-05-22, 15:00
You poor thing, mine was just a bit of ringing when I was lying down.

Tinnitus is awful isn't it..

Reminds me, my tinnitus was off the scale when my jaw went into spasm..

Worriedmuch, do you get any tinnitus with yours?

worriedmuch
12-05-22, 22:30
Tinnitus is awful isn't it..

Reminds me, my tinnitus was off the scale when my jaw went into spasm..

Worriedmuch, do you get any tinnitus with yours?

A little. It's more muffled than anything and seems to switch sides but left ear is worst. I'm pretty sure it's my jaw causing it. I keep finding my teeth clenching and it's making my face and head tight. So hard to stop teeth clenching though!!

NoraB
13-05-22, 08:13
A little. It's more muffled than anything and seems to switch sides but left ear is worst. I'm pretty sure it's my jaw causing it. I keep finding my teeth clenching and it's making my face and head tight. So hard to stop teeth clenching though!!

It is, that's why I needed a mouth guard. You'll have to ask your dentist about one..