PDA

View Full Version : Can allergies cause productive cough?

anxious_thoughts
15-05-22, 19:02
Hi everyone,

Just wondering do your seasonal allergies cause a productive cough? I sometimes have a cough with clear phlegm, other times it’s sticky and white.

My dr doesn’t seem too concerned, but sometimes it worries me.

Fishmanpa
15-05-22, 20:02
Hi everyone,

Just wondering do your seasonal allergies cause a productive cough?

200% yes!

FMP

rc906
16-05-22, 01:37
Every single year I get allergy cough with plenty of gunk. Completely normal

shazbog
16-05-22, 06:01
Think that is partially what is happening with me added to the left over covid …… I start every year as leaves come onto trees but worse this year and throat yuk with it too 😢 fuels my anxiety terribly!!!

anxious_thoughts
16-05-22, 15:52
Think that is partially what is happening with me added to the left over covid …… I start every year as leaves come onto trees but worse this year and throat yuk with it too 😢 fuels my anxiety terribly!!!

Mine is exactly like this too. I had COVID in January and still coughing, but these last two weeks have been way worse with the phlegm. When I take a deep breath I have the feeling that I need to cough. Like my bronchial tubes are irritated :(

Also so much post nasal drip!!

shazbog
16-05-22, 20:11
Mine is exactly like this too. I had COVID in January and still coughing, but these last two weeks have been way worse with the phlegm. When I take a deep breath I have the feeling that I need to cough. Like my bronchial tubes are irritated :(

Also so much post nasal drip!!

Anxious thoughts - I am exactly same and cough again this week really horrid - I do really think a lot is me making myself cough with anxiety but it is a never ending cycle that I am tired of now