PDA

View Full Version : Back and rib pain-worried

Mumbun70
27-05-22, 11:28
Hi,
I’ve recently suffered stomach and acid pains that on occasion seemed to go through to my back. GP thought it was reflux related (I’ve suffered with this for many years and have a hiatus hernia). This didn’t last long.

I had a full set of bloods, everything came back normal. GP not concerned.

A week after bloods normal, pain in back has worsened. It’s not coming from my stomach, but is on the right side of my spine and seems to wrap around my right rib. It sort of comes in waves, only lasts a minute. Then repeats itself throughout the day. Worse when I’m sitting, don’t notice it as much when I’m moving. Overall I’d say my back has been aching in different parts for 5 weeks.

The thought of going back to the GP fills me with dread, tests/scans leave me spiralling badly.

Everywhere you turn there are tragic stories of late diagnoses. Every newspaper, social media.

Anyone help?

rc906
27-05-22, 13:43
Sounds a lot like what I have. Costochondritis. Always worse when I’m sitting. Sometimes it’s worse in my back, sometimes worse in my chest

.Poppy.
27-05-22, 17:51
Sounds a lot like what I have. Costochondritis. Always worse when I’m sitting. Sometimes it’s worse in my back, sometimes worse in my chest

I get this too, on both sides. It’s awful, but pretty easily diagnosed and not harmful at all.

OP, many things can cause pain like this, most totally simple. Unfortunately costo doesn’t have an easy “cure”, just pain meds, heat, and trying to relax and ride it out. But if you are in long term pain it may be worth just asking your GP? I know too well that tests are scary, but it’s much more likely they’ll have a simple explanation for you and maybe can provide some relief.

Rootytooty
06-07-22, 11:15
Hi Mumbun70

Ive been suffering with the same, did it get better?