PDA

View Full Version : Suspect I have Athlete's Foot. Is it serious?

THoltz
29-05-22, 17:34
Hello everyone,

So I suspect I have Athlete's foot after a few of my toes appear to be dried out and cracked. I don't have any itching or what not. As a precaution, I have started doing an anti-fungal spray twice a day. Also I am wearing flip flops and sitting outside to expose my toes to sunlight.

I don't know If I have ever had Athlete's foot. Can it get particularly serious? I don't have any underlying conditions like diabetes that would complicate it.

If I need to seek treatment, would I go to a dermatologist or a podiatrist?

Thanks in advance!

Fishmanpa
29-05-22, 19:37
Suspect I have Athlete's Foot. Is it serious?

Based on what you described, it doesn't sound like it as it typically causes itching, stinging and burning. And no, its not serious in the least and easily treated with OTC remedies.

FMP

MrLurcher
29-05-22, 22:08
No, nothing to be worried about. I've had two episodes of fungal infection in my groin area (jock itch I guess you'd call it over in the states), and a bit of anti-fungal cream sorted it out in a few weeks.

I tend to walk around barefoot a lot, and I do get cracked heels sometimes. A bit of moisturiser sorts it out, we have a cream called 'Epaderm' over here which is particularly good.