PDA

View Full Version : Finally scheduled tests that I have been avoiding

j2
01-06-22, 01:04
Last fall I had a routine blood test that told me I had poorly functioning liver and kidneys. The kidneys were not new but I still freaked out and avoided the follow up tests for like 8 months. I have the tests coming up in 2 days and I am so worried. Near panic and getting worse. I don't know if I need anything from you wonderful folks beyond prayers, good vibes and any other type of support you would like to send my way.

I just wanted to speak my crazy to folks that would listen.

Thanks

Scass
01-06-22, 01:33
Good luck in your tests!
Be strong, keep the appointment. I understand the anxiety, but it’s good to have the professionals keeping an eye on you.

rc906
01-06-22, 17:58
I avoided the doctor for years. A few weeks ago I finally went and got everything checked out and I can’t begin to tell you how much of a difference it has made. Best decision I’ve made in a very long time

j2
02-06-22, 20:13
I went through with it and got the tests. I almost didn't go about a thousand times. I have not gotten the results but I am assuming the worst of course. I am really anxious right now. It has been 6 hours since I gave blood and I have received some of the more routine results like lipids but the kidney and liver function results are not posted yet. My mind is telling me that is because they are so bad that a Dr is going to call me with bad news. I hate this fear.

rc906
02-06-22, 20:33
I went through with it and got the tests. I almost didn't go about a thousand times. I have not gotten the results but I am assuming the worst of course. I am really anxious right now. It has been 6 hours since I gave blood and I have received some of the more routine results like lipids but the kidney and liver function results are not posted yet. My mind is telling me that is because they are so bad that a Dr is going to call me with bad news. I hate this fear.

You did the right thing, I promise. Your tests are likely going to come back completely fine, and if there is anything abnormal, it's going to be something nice and easy to fix. Like I said, went through the same exact anxiety as you and I know how terrible it is, but you're going to come out on the other side of this feeling a million times better.

Also, my test results didn't get posted for a few days. Completely normal that you're going to have a wait.

j2
05-06-22, 11:58
I am in a full blown, not sleeping panic over this. When my Dr orders blood work, there are 3 tests done. 2 of them have always been OK and the 3rd is the one that I am worried about. I recieved the 2 results I wasn't worried about but the 3rd has not been given for 3 days now. I am sure it must be terrible news and she wants to tell me at my pre-scheduled appointment tomorrow. I am sure that it bad news and related to some aches in my stomach that I have been having. I am sure that this is that conversation I dread. I am sure my kids will be left without a father. I am sure I am in for a slow painful end.

I don't know what to do.

I am truly sorry for dumping all this on you guys.

J

j2
05-06-22, 12:30
I am waiting on test results and I have this pain in my upper right abdomen that I am conviced is a tumor. I have a dr's appt tomorrow that I am sure is going to be the beginning of the end of for me. I can't shake this feeling of impending doom and the out of conrol anxiety that comes with it. I have been on this board for years and posted many times about my fears, yet this time feels different. I know this is something really bad. I can't reason or rationalize right now. I only see my kids without their father and a painful early end to my life. I don't know what to do or where to go. I am sorry for dumping all this on you guys. I am a wreck right now.

nomorepanic
05-06-22, 13:19
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

j2
07-06-22, 12:23
I got my results back finally. They were not good but no worse than 8 months ago. Thanks to you guys for the support.