PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about my booster shot tomorrow

anxious_thoughts
01-06-22, 17:45
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I’m getting my third Pfizer shot. Feeling anxious thinking about it. I hate that when I feel anxious in public I start getting lightheaded and dizzy.

I’m not even too worried about the side effects of the shot since I already had 2. But it’s that anxiety build up that happens. My dr gave me a couple Ativan pills. They are 1mg each, to use on very anxious days. I haven’t even had to use one yet and I’m even a bit scared to try one before the vaccine.

Just hoping to hear some stories about people getting their booster shot and it going well even with anxiety! I hate those symptoms, makes me feel like I’ll faint and that’s what I worry about the most is fainting. It hasn’t happened before due to anxiety, but I guess that lightheadedness worries me.

Fishmanpa
01-06-22, 22:38
The wife and I are vaxxed and boosted twice with the Pfizer vax. As with the initial shots, we had a day or so of yuck with the boosters. The 2nd got me worse than the first but like I said, a day or so later I was fine.

FMP

spectrum123
01-06-22, 23:13
I had Moderna for 1 & 2 jabs, didn't feel great after the first, just tired after second. Pfizer for third, didn't know I'd had it, no side effects whatsoever.

anxious_thoughts
01-06-22, 23:58
Thanks everyone! Not too worried about side effects. Just that annoying anxiety build up before getting there. Such a pain in the butt!

spectrum123
02-06-22, 02:20
I'm prescribed 'ativan' 28 at a time, I didn't need them for the jab if that helps?

anxious_thoughts
03-06-22, 03:23
I'm prescribed 'ativan' 28 at a time, I didn't need them for the jab if that helps?

That’s good you don’t need them. I ended up going and getting it but the anxiety was so bad during work that I had to take one but it helped to take the edge off when getting the vaccine. It’s been 6 hours now, feeling pretty sleepy and body is aching a bit.

spectrum123
03-06-22, 07:24
That's great you've done it. You can forget about it now. Whilst you can feel tired after the jab I expect the ramp up of anxiety and the ativan are mostly to blame for that.

anxious_thoughts
03-06-22, 15:54
That's great you've done it. You can forget about it now. Whilst you can feel tired after the jab I expect the ramp up of anxiety and the ativan are mostly to blame for that.

Thank you! I’m proud of myself. Ativan helped so much to remain calm, but now that it’s worn off I’m slightly anxious about the vaccine side effects. Just feeling sore especially in my legs and had trouble sleeping last night so I’m tired. Need to remind myself that it’s normal and will wear off within a day or two.

anxious_thoughts
04-06-22, 16:12
Im very anxious right now. Woke up with my armpit slightly painful and swollen. I haven’t had this with my other two vaccines before. Makes me so scared even though I read it’s normal :(

anxious_thoughts
04-06-22, 17:41
My collarbone also has a slight swollen lymph node. I'm really trying not to be afraid but. I can feel myself spiralling as I type this out. :(

anxious_thoughts
04-06-22, 17:47
Hi everyone,

I received my Pfizer booster shot on Thursday and felt generally tired and sore the next day. But now it's two days later and I noticed pain in my armpit, I looked and it's slightly swollen in my right arm that they put the vaccine in. Then I checked my neck and there is also some slight swelling in the right side.

I'm REALLY trying not to freak out but this scares me. I never had this side effect from the first two shots. The only difference is I had covid in January.
I read that swelling in lymph nodes is normal after the vaccine, but is it normal to have both the armpit and collarbone one to swell at the same time?

I'm scared to get some delayed reaction or something weird. Anyone else have lymph node swelling after the vaccine?

Lencoboy
04-06-22, 23:01
While this may not be of any real consolation to the OP, I recall having my TB jab at school back in the early spring of 1990 at the age of 12 and 3/4, and I had swelling and scabbing for over a year, plus there's still a very mild trace of the original scar some 32 long years later.

But apart from that I never felt any ill effects from said TB vaccine, let alone 3 doses of Pfizer over the course of 2021.

I don't think there was the same hysteria and paranoia about vaccines in general back then like there seems to be now, plus most people seemed to be far more laid back and trusting when it came to medical-related stuff.

Then towards the end of the 90s that odious gobsh1te Andrew Wakefield came along with his poxy BS conspiracy theories about vaccines causing ASD, etc, and many gullible people were sadly fooled into believing him, and still continue to today!

venusbluejeans
05-06-22, 10:32
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

.Poppy.
06-06-22, 16:47
The only difference is I had covid in January.

I don't think I've had covid, but for my friends that did they mentioned that their first vaccine gave them pretty serious side effects (for me, both shots and the booster knocked me out). It makes sense that the booster would give you swollen lymph nodes and a crummy feeling anyway, but particularly so as your body is already on the defense after having covid so recently.

Basically, your body is working exactly as it is supposed to. I hope you are feeling better and that you can treat yourself.

anxious_thoughts
23-06-22, 17:55
I don't think I've had covid, but for my friends that did they mentioned that their first vaccine gave them pretty serious side effects (for me, both shots and the booster knocked me out). It makes sense that the booster would give you swollen lymph nodes and a crummy feeling anyway, but particularly so as your body is already on the defense after having covid so recently.

Basically, your body is working exactly as it is supposed to. I hope you are feeling better and that you can treat yourself.

Thanks for your reasons poppy!
Although it will be 3 weeks on Saturday and I still have the swollen lymph node especially by my collarbone. It has gotten slightly smaller, but lately it has remained the same size. I sleep on that side so I’m wondering if maybe I’m irritating it somehow. Will try to sleep on my left side.