PDA

View Full Version : Tap Water Anxiety

AnxietyZT
03-06-22, 17:16
So I am in a hotel in Chicago…. Last night whenever I was brushing my teeth I had water cusped in my hand. I went to swish it around in my mouth and for some reason I accidentally breathed some of it through my nose. My brain automatically assumed I got that brain eating parasite. Is that even scientifically possible? Essentially snorted some tap water and now I am counting down my days

MoonCat83
03-06-22, 18:28
Don't worry about it. Chances are the hotel uses city water, which is heavily treated before it gets into the supply. It is likely that if there are any brain-eating amoebas in it, they're dead by time the water reaches the hotel. So, you can breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to living your life.

AnxietyZT
03-06-22, 18:39
Don't worry about it. Chances are the hotel uses city water, which is heavily treated before it gets into the supply. It is likely that if there are any brain-eating amoebas in it, they're dead by time the water reaches the hotel. So, you can breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to living your life.

Thank you! Appreciate the reassurance. Yeah, I mean I am literally in downtown Chicago and you can tell it is city water/heavily treated. Also been trying to tell myself millions (maybe even billions) of people probably water up their noses every year and there are maybe 10 cases of this a year if not less…

MoonCat83
04-06-22, 00:46
You're welcome! I've had this fear earlier in the year, so I know how you feel! After some research and reassurance, I've decided to help others through their N.fowleri fears.