PDA

View Full Version : Scared to take an Acid Reflux medicine containing aspartame.....

Sharon123
08-06-22, 20:42
I can't swallow pills at the moment because my esophagus is really sore and I am having difficulty swallowing. My doctor wants me to take Lansoprazole ( a PPI) for a month to get my esophagus to heal a bit. It's the dissolvable kind, but the box says it contains 6mg of phenylalanine. I don't have a phenylalanine genetic disorder or anything but I was just wondering if it's safe to take this and if any of you have done so? Or any dissolvable PPI for that matter....

utrocket09
08-06-22, 21:49
Why wouldn't you take it? Acid reflux is terrible and can cause serious complications if not treated. My dad developed throat cancer from years of untreated reflux. Just take the meds

BlueIris
09-06-22, 04:55
If it wasn't safe, why would it be available and prescribed?

NoraB
09-06-22, 07:47
Why wouldn't you take it? Acid reflux is terrible and can cause serious complications if not treated. My dad developed throat cancer from years of untreated reflux.

I know you probably mean well but this is the health anxiety section and stuff like this is incredibly triggering..