PDA

View Full Version : Sudden bulging vein behind knee...DVT fears!!

Sharon123
09-06-22, 02:52
I looked down today and in a corner at the back of my knee there is a small spot of blue-green veins suddenly bulging out. I'm scared of DVT. I lead an extremely inactive lifestyle and I spend hours and hours sitting cross-legged on my bed. I had a DVT scare several months ago due to a red mark but an Ultrasound ruled it out. Since then I have been trying to exercise more. But now I have an actual vein bulging out! It nearly looks like all the pictures of DVT on Google Images!!!! I'm really scared....

Phill2
09-06-22, 05:37
It's probably a varicose vein and nothing to worry about.
Stop googling and get your Dr to check it out.

NoraB
09-06-22, 10:36
I looked down today and in a corner at the back of my knee there is a small spot of blue-green veins suddenly bulging out. I'm scared of DVT. I lead an extremely inactive lifestyle and I spend hours and hours sitting cross-legged on my bed. I had a DVT scare several months ago due to a red mark but an Ultrasound ruled it out. Since then I have been trying to exercise more. But now I have an actual vein bulging out! It nearly looks like all the pictures of DVT on Google Images!!!! I'm really scared....

I have a varicose at the back of my knee and it plays up if I sit on the floor and kneel back on my legs. It's sore for a couple of days but I elevate my legs and then it's ok again. Try to avoid sitting cross-legged.

silver_shoes
10-06-22, 14:31
DVT = Deep Vein Thrombosis, I think this means that the clot is deep inside the leg and not on the surface? I’m not being sarcastic, I just don’t think a clot would be obvious from a vein on the surface?
My dad had two clots in the one leg a couple of years back, and what you are describing is certainly not a symptom he reported.

ErinKC
19-06-22, 20:54
What silver_shoes said. DVT concerns the veins deep in your leg that you can't see. This sounds like a varicose vein, of which I have many, especially on the back of my legs/knees.

Pkstracy
07-10-22, 00:00
I am not sure how old you are Sharon, but as you age, you'll start to get vericose veins, I am almost 50 and man do I have them, no clots here.